Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 5 lug swap question

Dutch

5 lug swap question

ok..I have a 1980 coupe 4 cyl...currently its gutted and i bought a sn95 1994 gt...i am going to swap the brakes. my question is can i use my 1980 a arms in the front and what ball joint do i need to use?? i know the k member will fit...and i am aware that the sn95 a arms will knock the front wheel out further.. So can i use my 1980 a arms? and what else should i save from the 1994?? I tried searching many of forums but it does not answer my question...thankyou..

SN95 spindles on your arms require either a washer / spacer under the castle nut or later model ball joints swapped into your arms. If ball joints are good, spacer / washer is a good option. You will however need the correct struts to go with those spindles.

Dutch
    thankyou....so i will leave the 94 arms on the car and just use the 80's arms...thx rick...when i bring the car i will have the proper struts and will buy new 94 gt ball joints...and my original steering rack will work? will you have change the length of the rack to fit those spindle?..Oh another question..if i bring you the 94 sway bar and its mounting brackets can you weld it into my car? the mounting is different as you know from car to car..but i guess anything will fit with a welder..lol

I'm pretty sure the sn spindle is thinner than the fox one, you can use your stock struts but will need to make spacers or take up the slack with washers.

Dutch
    they need to be replaced anyways