Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drive Clean Question?

As explained to me (OBDII test)
    One monitor not ready = pass.
    Two monitors not ready = eligible for conditional (24hrs + driven at least 30kms before retest) but it's a one time thing, need to pass legit next time
    Engine light on or any stored codes = fail.

Disturbing part of this, exceptions to the rule seem to pop up from time to time such as,
    -one above
    -a vehicle that passes with only two monitors turned on but showing ready (meaning, monitors such as misfire, EVAP, 02's ready etc are shut off)

A car can pass if it has a code in the pcm thats not related to the emissions eqiupment. In this case it looks like the imrc's are not considered part of the emission equipment.

^That makes sense then, I heard that a car could pass with a code that doesn't affect emissions, but from what I've heard there are no such codes, even trans codes have caused cars to fail because of emissions. Just more govt b.s. Glad you got a pass though.

Having code issues with my dad's 98 Windstar. IMRC (Bank 2) was stuck open, wired it shut. After that (Bank 1) was staying open figured it out, loss of VAC pressure. Plugged VAC line on Bank 2. IMRC (Bank 1) functioned properly after that. Deleted all codes. Went for a good drive on the highway. Reader was still showing EVAP "not ready". Already knowing 1 " not ready" was still a pass. Just went for the E-test, van passed!

Fucking BS stuff you have to do, for a pointless program!! Time to fire up the lawnmower, which probably pollutes more shit than 3 vehicles combined!!