Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drive Clean Question?

P1516 Inlet Manifold Runner Control Input Error (Bank 1 = passenger side)
    P1518 Inlet Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open

High possibility is that the IMRC are gunked up causing the codes. Also possible that the actuator has taken a ****, so that means replace the actuator or do an IMRC delete and have them tuned out (= no codes).

First, check to see if the two bicycle looking cables at the back of the intake move when the engine is revved up over 3200 rpm. If they do, then its probably the IMRC gummed up. Best to remove the intake manifold and clean them with some carb cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by 98snake View Post
    I'm gonna go talk to a Drive Clean facility tomorrow and see what they have to say.
    Has to be a repair facility, not just a test facility. I hope they give you a direction but I would bet money they will say "we won't know until we do a diagnostic"...that's what we would always say.

98snake
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Has to be a repair facility, not just a test facility. I hope they give you a direction but I would bet money they will say "we won't know until we do a diagnostic"...that's what we would always say.
    You were correct sir...I was told by two repair / test facilities that I need to test and if it fails a diagnostic is needed. If the discontinued part and or labour are $450, a conditional pass can be issued.

I plan to keep this car for a few years and to avoid dealing with IMRC issues in the future I've decided to go with Modular Mustang Racing IMRC delete plates and a custom tune. I think my money is better spent on deleting these troublesome IMRC plates for good!

Thanks for all your input.

Performance Redefined OneQwkStang's Avatar
    Hope and pray this Drive Clean gets tossed in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 98snake View Post
    You were correct sir...I was told by two repair / test facilities that I need to test and if it fails a diagnostic is needed. If the discontinued part and or labour are $450, a conditional pass can be issued.

I plan to keep this car for a few years and to avoid dealing with IMRC issues in the future I've decided to go with Modular Mustang Racing IMRC delete plates and a custom tune. I think my money is better spent on deleting these troublesome IMRC plates for good!

Thanks for all your input.
    Good call, no point in them spending your money and not making it any faster, lol.

98snake
    Wanted to update on my IMRC issue and I have another Drive Clean question.

I had IMRC delete plates installed a few days ago along with some Steeda Under Drives and a BBK Cold Air Intake and my car seems to pull a lot better

Before I deleted the IMRC's I was getting a check engine light and now that I've removed the stock plates and controller box I no longer am getting a check engine light.

Weird thing is that when I scan for trouble codes I get code P1519 IMRC stuck open and I've driven the car over 100K both highway and city over two days.

I'm awaiting a custom tune to delete and compensate for the IMRC change but in the meantime...would I pass a Drive Clean with no check engine but a stored P1519 code?

98snake
    I don't get this Drive Clean...so I go for the test anyway knowing I have a P1519 stored but no check engine light. Long story short it passed. Is it possible my SCT handheld is wrong?

You are good to pass as long as it's only one code and no check engine light. Two codes is a conditional. More than 2 is a problem.
    ~Scott B

98snake
    Thanks...that would explain my pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmare View Post
    You are good to pass as long as it's only one code and no check engine light. Two codes is a conditional. More than 2 is a problem.
    For real? That's cool, learned something today, lol.