Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vibration?

u joints ok?

Which clutch?
    The Chinese copy I put in turned out to be the issue - only had 2000km on it when it pulled and trashed it.

Ford racing HD clutch. I was watching my balancer at idle and it has a wobble. I touched the side of it with a flat edge and it defiantly is not turning true .

However it still has a more aggressive vibration at over 100km/h even with the car shut off . I'm guessing it's a bad balancer and a bad driveshaft or u joint, gonna have it all checked out . Driveshaft was out for an output shaft seal , I figured the shop would naturally check the u joints since they knew it has a vibration

That's the same clutch i put in my car.
    Put on a summit sfi balancer before the clutch job and all good now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Not a fan of anything other than OEM mounts. Some of the poly mounts are the wrong dimension which throws shaft / pinion angle out.
    Can i put a spacer under the transmission mount to try and fix the front pinion angle? I have read that if the to u-joint angles arent the same, then it will vibrate?

Visual will not get you close enough. Cheap gauge (pic below) is all you need to get it bang on. Home Depot or similar will have one, not expensive at all. Difference in my own car with pinion angle dead nuts on, took it from a nice ride to one where you can't even imagine a driveline vibration, yea it's that smooth. Stock with pinion angle out to lunch, moderate vibration at all times, bordered on horrible under hard accel. Foot to the floor or just cruizin, smooth baby.

Piece of flat bar across the lower crank pulley for engine / trans, remove driveshaft and use mounting face.