Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safety concerns arise with increased use of cheap imported brakes

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Unscrupulous retailers and installers continue to pass off cheap gosh knows where they are mfg brake pads + front end parts as being first line when in fact they are no name white box junk. Just as guilty, consumers who demand parts the fit the price point of what they are willing to pay. Hard to explain to a customer they need a $100+ set of brake pads when they are constantly bombarded with weekly flyers showing them for far less. Same goes for quality front end parts, high end lower ball joint is around $90 each when a "white box" is approx $30.
    How it's gone unchecked for so many years is beyond me.
    When I saw this I remembered our last few conversations on this exact topic.

Instances of brake material mysteriously sheering off the backer, not super common but it does happen. As does substandard stopping power due to cheapie friction material. Most common complaint, squealing and extremely short service life.

b1lk1
    Give people a super cheap option and most of the time they will take it. Danger is never considered yet they are the first to complain when their $10 brake pads fail early.

Same goes for $25 rotors.

b1lk1
    I just spend $300 on rotors and pads for my 1992 Dodge motorhome. Buddy also priced out the China cheapos for 1/2 the price, said it was what they sold most. Horrifies me people are so willing to save money on brakes.