Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tires, Tires, Tires, My kingdom for some tires.

Angry Tires, Tires, Tires, My kingdom for some tires.

So last week I booked an appointment at Summit Ford to have some new tires put on my Mustang. Michelin has a $70 mail in rebate that ends on the 23rd so I decided to go with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I went in yesterday to drop off my rims so they could install the tires and I would pick them up the next day. Everything was looking great until I asked to see the tires before I left. I like to check the date code to make sure I'm not getting old tires. So we go over to parts and they don't have a clue as to where the tires are and I later find out that they were never ordered. Well now I'm irritated that I had to drive all the way from Caledon to Woodbridge in rush hour traffic only to find out that I have wasted an 2 hours round trip. They call me back today to tell me that they don't have any in Ontario and that none are scheduled to be manufactured any time soon. Same story from Canadian Tire and a local Orangeville shop called Fred's tire. They are also a low volume tire so they won't be producing too many of them when they do.
    I'm still on my winter tires and drive sparingly so I don't cook them in this warmer weather. What other options do I have. I really wanted Super Sports but may have to choose something else. Nitto could be an option.
    What are your thoughts? I drive a 2009 Mustang GT the current summer tires are bf Goodrich 235/50ZR18 that are unusable. When I took them off for the winter, one was worn down to the belts (yikes!). This is the same size that I am looking for. Are there any cross-border tire places that might carry them? Other tire options?
    Cheers!

you could try tirerack...says they have them in stock...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....SSXL&tab=Sizes

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Matt you can't go wrong with the Nittos. That being said, if you really want the Michelins, try Discount tire. They will ship them to your door (Nittos are the only brand they won't deliver to Canada) As far as size, when my original 235/50/18 BFGs were done, I went with the 255/45/18 for the Nittos on my wheels, which are the same as yours.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=prca&fqs=true

r-model
    If you want NITTO's, contact autotraxinc.com, they have great prices and deal with high end vehicles all the time, their shop is very clean too

KIDAGIN
    ^ Just sent a PM with that info...treed

also agree with Stephen...go with something a little wider, 245, 255...345??? something

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    ...go with something a little wider, ...345???
    -Don____________

^^^hahah, that's right baby...gotta get rid of that push somehow

my tires are almost like that now in the front

tulowd
    If you want ultra sticky and aren't concerned about wear; Nitto NT01's are epic and not that expensive. Need skillset in the direction of Mssrs. A.Senna or M.Schumacher if it rains tho.

For sure go with the widest tires that are made for your wheels for optimal handling. The OEM tire choices are based on price and fuel economy only.

Factory wheels are likely 8.5" wide, do what Stephen did and go with 255/45R18 instead of the 235/50R18. Through Parkway Ford I can get you a good deal on a set of Continental Extreme Contact DW in that size, and bring them home to Caledon ... p.m. me if you want more info. Fantastic street tires for a reasonable price, one of our suppliers has them on special right now.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries