Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tires, Tires, Tires, My kingdom for some tires.

Quote Originally Posted by cf105arrow View Post
    When I'm spending a considerable sum of money on something I'm going to have for a while
    you're not driving hard enough.
    -Don____________

I'm running the 555's; you'll like them!

Quote Originally Posted by cf105arrow View Post
    When I'm spending a considerable sum of money on something I'm going to have for a while I like to do my due diligence though it is getting kind of ridiculous. Everytime I make a decision the tires are no longer available or some other reason pops up. I'll probably go Stevens route.
    just yank'n ya

glad you finally got a set and are enjoying them

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    you're not driving hard enough.
    All in good time. Helmet next and a track day to follow to put some heavy duty miles on them.

I took Fast Ed's advice and got a pair of Continental extreme DW's for the back of the car: 285/35/19. Very happy so far. Quietr and smoother than the original Goodyears.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    I took Fast Ed's advice and got a pair of Continental extreme DW's for the back of the car: 285/35/19. Very happy so far. Quietr and smoother than the original Goodyears.
    i ordered them as well- I really like them.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Just got the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Very impressed over the stock Pirelli Pzero's that came on my 12 Boss. Very smooth, great straight line and cornering grip. Turn in response is quick. Will assess these again after putting more km's on them, but for now I'm very happy with them.

My Pirelli's were cracking, with only 12K kms. on them. Age about 4 yrs. Tried to place a warranty claim, but was given little hope of getting anything substantial, and the real kicker was; you have to pay for a new set of Pirelli's to be installed, and then Pirelli would assess the tires and given you $ back on the newly installed set. So you had no idea whether you were getting some money back or not. No thanks.

PSS is a great choice. We had a customer at Parkway with a Boss that need a new set of skins, we put the Michelins on and he loved them. Stood up well to some track days too.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    PSS is a great choice. We had a customer at Parkway with a Boss that need a new set of skins, we put the Michelins on and he loved them. Stood up well to some track days too.

cheers
    Ed
    THanks Ed. The reviews I read on the Bossmustangsonline.com site seem to say the same. Great for street and track, though I had an instructor during the Mosport lapping day say he knew of at least one car where they "chunked". But who knows how long they had been used/abused??

If you are going to go lapping on them, good idea to get some more negative camber in the front to reduce the chance of that happening.

Also want to add, finally had the chance today at Mosport DDC to run my 07 with the Conti DW in the wet. I knew they were good on the street, and have friends that tracked them in the wet, but my own first-hand experience didn't happen until today. They are absolutely stellar on a wet track, braking grip especially, extremely predictable and easy to drive to the limit. Mild understeer when entering a corner too quickly, very easy to control tail-happiness when being too eager with the throttle on corner exit (TC turned off).

cheers
    Ed