Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tires, Tires, Tires, My kingdom for some tires.

Thanks all. Busy day and have just read posts and pm's. I'll figure things out tomorrow and get back to everyone. Anyone have any experience with the continentals?

Ed's review of them is 110% reliable.

stangstevers
    Have Continentals on mine... great tires. Although I went with the Extreme Contact DWS (all seasons, rather than summers which are DW) for better cold and wet performance being that I drive this thing 100km a day starting in early spring up to late fall. Have to say, these tires do GREAT in water.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Just sent you a p.m. with some info on the Michelins you were looking at originally, as well as the Continentals.

thanks,

Ed N.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Update: Still researching and pondering. I hate when an original plan falls apart. Anyhow, looking at Nitto 555's. The website says 50 psi on the spec sheet. Is that normal for a summer performance tire? All the tires I have had to date I've maxed at 38 psi and I've never had any problems. What tire pressure are you guys running in your Nitto's? I'm looking at getting the 255/45 18's if I decide to go with this tire. What main difference will I notice between the 255 and my current 235's? Better traction, more tugging over road crown, less fuel mileage, etc.?
    Still thinking of the Michelin Pilot Super Sports as well but they're sized at 235/50 18 unless I want to go to a much bigger tire which I think might be excessive for my car. Your Thoughts.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    The pressure spec showing by the tire maker is their max pressure for that particular tire ... regardless you should be using the spec shown on the label of your own vehicle to set the tires to. That can change slightly depending on your vehicle usage, and if the size is changed from original, but the number that the tire manufacturer shows is simply the maximum inflation that tire will withstand.

Typically with a Mustang it's not a bad idea to run a few more pounds in the front for sharper steering response, and to compensate for the front-heavy nature of the vehicle. 34F / 32R is a good starting point.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Matt, as you know I have the Nittos on Ol Paint, and I will buy them again. They are a great tire for our cars and their performance is hard to beat for the money spent. I have had no issues with the 255 size with regards to tramlining. Also, mine have seen a couple three track days as well as several thousand daily driving kms , again with no issues and the wear has been well within reasonable limits. As far as tire pressure, Ed nailed it with his post. I run in the 32-34 psi range on all four, and sometimes higher when I forget to air them down after a track day.

KIDAGIN
    I got NITTOs 555 recntly
    255/45/18 front
    Heres's what the 285/40/18s rears look like on my car

Quote Originally Posted by KIDAGIN View Post
    I got NITTOs 555 recntly
    255/45/18 front
    Heres's what the 285/40/18s rears look like on my car

How wide are your rear rims? Are they the same as the front?

KIDAGIN
    Fronts are 18/9
    Rears are 18/10