Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tires, Tires, Tires, My kingdom for some tires.

stangstevers
    That looks great Doug!

So there were two variations of 18" wheels in the day. 18 x 8" like what Stephen has or 18 x 8.5" like what I had on my old Stang. BTW I had Continental Extreme Contact DWS sized 255 45 18 and were excellent in dry and wet. Take a look at them as well.

Picture whoring for reference lol.

Mine are also 18x8.5.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    The "fanblade" wheels above and the "Bullitt" wheels that Stephen has are 8.5" wide, it's the other later 18" wheels that are only 8" wide.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Cool. Didn't know that. I always saw them on the web as 18 x 8 my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Mine are also 18x8.5.

Anybody running Mickey Thompson Tires? What do you think? Comments? Pros? Cons?

What would you choose? Nitto 555 255/45 18 or michelin Pilot Super Sports 235/50

I chose the Nittos, but I think it's an apples to oranges comparison. By that I mean the Nitto 555 is a Mustang tire and the Micelins are a Corvette, Porsche, Viper tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Matt you can't go wrong with the Nittos. That being said, if you really want the Michelins, try Discount tire. They will ship them to your door (Nittos are the only brand they won't deliver to Canada) As far as size, when my original 235/50/18 BFGs were done, I went with the 255/45/18 for the Nittos on my wheels, which are the same as yours.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=prca&fqs=true
    Is this where you got yours Steven? Did you also get a tire warranty because I didn't see that option on the site?

Thanks to everyone who has been giving me asvice and opinions. I've pretty much explored most options. I talked to Frank at autotraxinc and was set to make a purchase when he told me he doesn't take visa. I have to use my visa in order to get close to $200 in drivers rewards towards these tires. Thanks to those who recommend him. Super nice guy and his shop looks great and clean. Ed has been great too offering help but I've been too indecisive and missed out on the Michelins. I've had a little medical issue come up that has been taking up a good deal of my time which is another reason why I haven't committed to anything yet. The real victim here are my winter tires. I'm sure they are not happy with me. Does anyone know if driving in this weather just wears them out more quickly and/or change the traction compound are they going to have less grip)? So thanks again to everyone for their help. Cheers!