Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tires, Tires, Tires, My kingdom for some tires.

Fuck man...you better start looking for winter tires soon by the time you decide LOL

Ok not just me thinking that.

KIDAGIN
    Me too...lol

Quote Originally Posted by cf105arrow View Post
    Is this where you got yours Steven? Did you also get a tire warranty because I didn't see that option on the site?
    Yes and yes. Ordered the tires and had them shipped to Soo Michigan (free shipping) as I was heading to Soo Ont. for my annual summer visit. SVOMACH1 and I made the trip across the river and picked them up. The next day, over to the local Ford deal, a neighbour to SVOMACH1, and had them installed. Zero issues. As far as the warranty it works great. I know because about four weeks later, returning home from a fall track day I got a puncture in the shoulder of the tire, not repairable. So I call Discount Tire to enquire about the warranty. Sure no problem, where do you want it shipped? As they can't ship Nittos to Canada, they shipped it to our PO Box in Buffalo. I only had to pay another $20 for the new warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Fuck man...you better start looking for winter tires soon by the time you decide LOL

When I'm spending a considerable sum of money on something I'm going to have for a while I like to do my due diligence though it is getting kind of ridiculous. Everytime I make a decision the tires are no longer available or some other reason pops up. I'll probably go Stevens route.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    i was the same way but remember- maybe if u wait too long u may have to replace your winter tires too ( just teasing)

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Warm weather won't change the compound on your winter boots, but it will wear them out in a hurry.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

So the saga has finally come to an end. A week ago Tuesday I ordered some Nitto 555's from discount tire and had them shipped to my dad's mailbox just across the border on Niagara Falls. I purchased the 255/45 18's for $696 which included the tire warranty (exchange on the visa came to $876). The mailbox charged $6 per tire. Taxes at the border were $116. Install cost about $80 at Summit Ford ( I had a $38 dollar credit there). The total comes to approximately $1100 installed minus the $250 visa drivers rewards points that I applied to the purchase so at the end of f the day it cost me $850 out of pocket. Not bad!

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Thanks again for everyone's input and help. So far I am loving these tires. The ride is quiet; traction is superior; handling is awesome and they look good too. Time will tell how they affect mileage and how well they wear.

KIDAGIN
    Glad you got the NITTOS you will love them

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    nice!

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver