Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  25
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Airbag Recall Info

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    Well the dealer called me .They want me to bring in the mustang.Ford has told them they have to put the old air bag back in.They put the 2012 and under air bag in .2013/2014's are different.I asked them if they had the right part,and that Ford was specific on the part #. They said yes.I'm not happy.I was driving around with a worse airbag than the one that was originally in the car.
    Unless you're more successful than I, a nicely written letter to Ford will get you a nice canned response.

Ed I was able to get my airbag recall completed on my 05, but do have a question in regards to the 13/14 not being the same. I have a 2013 gt500 steering wheel in my car, I kept the same airbag and cover and updated the center horse logo with the updated one. Could this effect the functionality of my airbag or did they change the airbag itself in 13_14 that requires a different inflator.

I have also heard for the early s197 that the passenger airbag is being recalled, any timeline?

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Nick we don't have part numbers on the original inflators alone, just the complete airbags, so I can't really offer a valid comment on that.

No solid info yet on the passenger side recall, just the advance notification and the owner letters will be in the mail soon. From what I've seen online, the passenger side bags were from a different supplier, not Takata, but they have seen a few with the same shrapnel issues.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Ed I was able to get my airbag recall completed on my 05, but do have a question in regards to the 13/14 not being the same. I have a 2013 gt500 steering wheel in my car, I kept the same airbag and cover and updated the center horse logo with the updated one. Could this effect the functionality of my airbag or did they change the airbag itself in 13_14 that requires a different inflator.

I have also heard for the early s197 that the passenger airbag is being recalled, any timeline?
    The letter will be written. I think this situation , in particular will get something in return.I asked if it was the right part and they said yes.Ford told them to get my car in and reinstall the old one.This is a total safety issue now.I was driving around with a air bag that might not even of gone off for all I know. I'm pissed.
    GHIG

You should work for Ford Canada HQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT View Post
    Nick we don't have part numbers on the original inflators alone, just the complete airbags, so I can't really offer a valid comment on that.

No solid info yet on the passenger side recall, just the advance notification and the owner letters will be in the mail soon. From what I've seen online, the passenger side bags were from a different supplier, not Takata, but they have seen a few with the same shrapnel issues.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    I'd rather be honest, than speculate and possibly give an unqualified answer! If I try to dig in to it with Ford corporate to answer Nick's question, they certainly aren't going to give any tips about parts swapping when it concerns safety components.

I'd rather be honest, than speculate and possibly give an unqualified answer! If I try to dig in to it with Ford corporate to answer Nick's question, they certainly aren't going to give any tips about parts swapping when it concerns safety components.
    Thnks for the honesty bud.Much appreciated
    GHIG

Roushcharged
    As of yesterday Ford of Canada gave us the latest bulletin and info related to this recall. As mentioned, the 13-14 Mustang airbag is a slightly different unit, and we are being told 4th quarter of 2016 before those are available. The parts for repairing the 2005-2012 are available for the dealers to order now, looks like a fair amount of stock available at the warehouse, but we are limited to ordering 10 pieces per week.

So for those of you who have been waiting, go ahead and contact your servicing dealer again, and they should be able to get you looked after now.
    Bumping the thread for this week in case any of the S197 owners here missed the new info ...

If you have a 2005 - 2012, the part is available now to complete the 15S21 recall. If you have a 2013 - 2014, Q4 of this year is the expected timing for the replacement part.
    Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Exactly ... 2013 - 2014 recall part is NOT available until Q4 of this year as I mentioned earlier in the thread. If your dealer tries to do it on your car, ask them to reread the recall info!

cheers
    Ed
    Rino, the part is NOT available for 2013-2014, at this point all the dealer could do is reinstall your original inflator.

This is from the Ford recall info to the dealers dated June 6, there has been no new info since then:

NOTE: Parts and repair instructions for 2013-2014 Mustang vehicles are expected to be available in the 4th quarter of 2016.
    Rino (and anyone else that has a 2013-2014), here is a sample of the first part of the owner letter that you should be receiving. Date on the info to us was June 6 2016:

Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited
    Ford du Canada Limitée
    P.O. Box 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    L6K 0C8

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX C 15S21- Followup_2013-2014MY

J. SAMPLE MAIL DATE
    123 MAIN STREET
    ANYCITY, ON A1A 1A1

In July 2015, Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited (Ford) sent you a letter announcing Safety Recall 15S21 (Driver Airbag Inflator Replacement) on your vehicle, with the VIN shown above. This letter is to inform you that we are expecting the newly designed driver airbag module for your vehicle to become available in the fourth quarter of this year. Ford will notify you when the part is available to schedule a repair date with your dealer.

So anyone who has had an inflator replaced in a 2013-2014, I would encourage you to contact that dealer again to discuss the situation ... FORD does NOT have parts released yet to repair the 2013-2014 models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    The letter will be written. I think this situation , in particular will get something in return.I asked if it was the right part and they said yes.Ford told them to get my car in and reinstall the old one.This is a total safety issue now.I was driving around with a air bag that might not even of gone off for all I know. I'm pissed.
    I'd just consider it a wash since you knew the 2014 wasn't ready to be called in. I'll assume the dealer did it thinking it was apart of the same recall, glad they called you back and sorted it out right away.

I knew that the parts were suppose to be coming later in the year ,as the notice stated. I asked the advisor if they were the right part, because Ford said it would be later in the year, that they would be available. He told me that they were the right part for the car, so I agreed to have it installed. He was wrong of course,and this is why I'm miffed.
    GHIG

Just got my notice for yet another airbag recall. This time it's the passenger side. 16S26. No parts available. Anyone want to buy a nice used 2007 GT convertible. I'm tired of every single product on this planet being nothing but a collection of shit built by the lowest bidder.