Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  25
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Airbag Recall Info

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Just got my notice for yet another airbag recall. This time it's the passenger side. 16S26. No parts available. Anyone want to buy a nice used 2007 GT convertible. I'm tired of every single product on this planet being nothing but a collection of shit built by the lowest bidder.
    Not true, you could buy lots of high end hand built stuff that is of the highest quality
    Now that your done with the low end shit I take it your in the market for a Rolls or something like that?

I think the saying goes "You get what you pay for"

12GrabberGT
    I hate taking my car to the dealer for anything because the techs are notoriously careless. But decided to take a chance and took mine in 2 weeks ago to a new (to me) dealer in the area. Installed the inflator no problem but I watched him do it. I wasn't close enough to see that he set the airbag upside down to replace the inflator on a dirty bench. On the way home I noticed that he scratched up the shiny horse emblem on the airbag. I called when I got home to see what they were going to do about it but apparently it's going to be months before they can get me a replacement due to a backup in the part at Ford.

This is why I don't like taking my car to the dealers because it always seems to come out more damaged than it went in. It's minor perhaps, but damage is still damage and shouldn't happen. More care should be taken. Tech didn't even put a protective cover on the seat before getting in. I'm holding off completing the feedback email to give them another week or two to make good. If not, I will name names.

Quote Originally Posted by 12GrabberGT View Post
    I hate taking my car to the dealer for anything because the techs are notoriously careless. But decided to take a chance and took mine in 2 weeks ago to a new (to me) dealer in the area. Installed the inflator no problem but I watched him do it. I wasn't close enough to see that he set the airbag upside down to replace the inflator on a dirty bench. On the way home I noticed that he scratched up the shiny horse emblem on the airbag. I called when I got home to see what they were going to do about it but apparently it's going to be months before they can get me a replacement due to a backup in the part at Ford.

This is why I don't like taking my car to the dealers because it always seems to come out more damaged than it went in. It's minor perhaps, but damage is still damage and shouldn't happen. More care should be taken. Tech didn't even put a protective cover on the seat before getting in. I'm holding off completing the feedback email to give them another week or two to make good. If not, I will name names.
    Precisely why I bought my inflators and changed them myself. I don't care where you go there are guys that don't give a shit or are too stupid to realize that they are doing damage. I had a guy at a dealer remove a piece of trim off the seat in my pickup(beige seat), he broke the tabs so he pit it back on with some black stuff like what they use to hold in windshields. Needles too say I had to bring it back and have the seat cover replaced. How can you be do stupid.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    It's been a while since we had any updates on the 15S21 airbag campaign for 05-14 Mustangs. Most of the people have been able to get their 05-12 cars done with the replacement inflator, parts availability is fine for that.

We have a part number now for the 13-14 V6 and GT, it will be the complete left side air bag that is replaced, not just the inflator. No stock available in Canada yet, expected for early February from the looks of it. Hopefully the dealers in the GTA can have a good supply on hand for when the stored cars come out in a few months. No part number yet for the 2013-2014 GT-500, it will be different because of the unique emblem on those.

thanks,
    Ed N.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Thanks for the update Ed.

Any update on 16s26?

Sorry, nothing on 16S26 yet ... I meant to mention that as well.
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752

Any update Ed? Wasn't the passenger side airbag recalled as well, no news on that?

No new updates on any of the airbag recalls at this point, sorry. I've been keeping my eye on the driver's side for the 2013-2014 cars involved in 15S21. it looks like the dealers in the southern U.S. high heat & humidity areas are getting some parts in now, but as of today the Canadian dealers are still not able to order them. Really hoping that changes within the next 4-6 weeks so that we can get people looked after as they are bringing their cars out of storage.
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752

To make everyone aware ... Ford Canada sent us an update this morning on the 15S21 driver's side airbag recall. They have parts available for the 2013-2014 cars now, but the ones for the V6 and GT are in limited quantity ... for the time being, dealers will only be able to order 3 per week (as a maximum depending on their population base). The one for the 2013-2014 GT-500 does not have an order restriction on it.
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752