Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Airbag Recall Info

Dealer completed this in early May.
    Painless.

KIDAGIN
    Got mine done tday at dealer 20 mins easy peasy

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    -called today dealership where I bought my car,sounded on the phone like she didn't know what I was talking about- then she said she has to check. After confirming she says yes u r right- but we have no information on it so call I don't know sometime next week- huh??? inspires confidence when they work on my car.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

KIDAGIN
    Think I would try another dealer I called they checked my vin, ordered the part and 4 days later installed

"Millions of owners of vehicles equipped with Takata air bags may have to get repairs done more than once because of shortages of replacement parts and uncertainty over whether repair parts already installed are defective, auto industry officials and safety regulators said on Tuesday."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0YO0SY20150602

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    -called today dealership where I bought my car,sounded on the phone like she didn't know what I was talking about- then she said she has to check. After confirming she says yes u r right- but we have no information on it so call I don't know sometime next week- huh??? inspires confidence when they work on my car.
    Dealers only have the information on the repair for the original campaign on the pre-2009 cars. The expanded recall covering up to 2014 models has no parts ordering or repair information for the dealers yet, it's TBA from Ford. So she was correct, they can't help you yet, but maybe she didn't do a great job of explaining the full situation as it stands.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Quote Originally Posted by Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT View Post
    Dealers only have the information on the repair for the original campaign on the pre-2009 cars. The expanded recall covering up to 2014 models has no parts ordering or repair information for the dealers yet, it's TBA from Ford. So she was correct, they can't help you yet, but maybe she didn't do a great job of explaining the full situation as it stands.
    Oh- i see,
    Thanks for taking the time to clear that up.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

So went to my local Ford dealer to enquire about getting this recall completed
    Service guy first said he didn't think I was part of it (05 gt) then said oh yes it is but its brand new and you will get a letter from the mto confirming. He did it in a very blow me off kind of way.

For those that have got it done where did you go and did you need to bring anything other then your vin?
    I will be trying another dealership later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    So went to my local Ford dealer to enquire about getting this recall completed
    Service guy first said he didn't think I was part of it (05 gt) then said oh yes it is but its brand new and you will get a letter from the mto confirming. He did it in a very blow me off kind of way.

For those that have got it done where did you go and did you need to bring anything other then your vin?
    I will be trying another dealership later in the week.
    Hey Nick- I called Terrace Ford and still yet to have it done- just was told to keep calling

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Ford corporate has still not given any instructions to dealers on the repair for the vehicles in the expanded recall. But a 2005 Mustang should be involved in the original "14B09" campaign to replace the airbag inflator ... have you had that done yet Nick or no? If you like, send me a p.m. with your VIN and I will see what is showing.

The new recall, "15S21", is for all S197 cars. So even if you get 14B09 completed, the 15S21 will still be open until a repair is developed for that. From the Ford advance bulletin we have for 15S21:

Some vehicles included in 15S21 are also included in 14B09. The repair parts for 15S21 have not yet been developed and will be the subject of a future announcement.

As soon as Ford issues any more information on this, I will update the thread.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford