Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Airbag Recall Info

I left the paper he gave me with the numbers downstairs but I believe both of those were on it to be done.
    I have not had anything done on the car yet.

Black07GT
    I had both front airbags done for 2 separate recalls (including the TAKATA one) at the same time. I had Blackstock Ford in Orangeville do it for me. Each one takes a couple of hours, so I left the car with them for the day.

KIDAGIN
    I got one done no problem here in Pickering..Forumla Ford

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    To update this a bit ... here's the text from a sample copy of the letter that owners will be receiving from Ford if they have not already, this is the newer recall that applies to 2005-2014 Mustangs:

Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited
    Ford du Canada Limitée
    P.O. Box 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    L6K 0C8

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX C 15S21

J. SAMPLE MAIL DATE
    123 MAIN STREET
    ANYCITY, ON A1A 1A1

This notice is sent to you under the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act of Canada.

Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited (Ford) has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in your vehicle, with the Vehicle Identification Number shown above.

We apologize for this situation and want to assure you that, with your assistance, we will correct this condition. Our commitment, together with your dealer, is to provide you with the highest level of service and support.

What is the issue?

In certain vehicles, the front driver side air bag inflator housing may rupture and deploy abnormally in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver side frontal airbag. An inflator rupture could result in metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.

What will Ford and your dealer do?

Ford is working closely with its suppliers to produce parts for this repair. When parts become available for Safety Recall 15S21, Ford will notify you via mail to schedule a service appointment with your dealer to have the driver’s frontal airbag inflator replaced free of charge (parts and labour). Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.

What should you do?

When parts are available, Ford will send a letter to inform you that parts are available and to contact your dealer to schedule a repair.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter.

National Service Operations
    FORD MOTOR COMPANY OF CANADA, Limited
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Does this mean that cars already done under the 14B09 recall will have to go get it done again? I never got a recall notice for the first one so I doubt I'll get one for this one either.

Yes, the 15S21 is a separate program, affects all S197s. My own 07 GT has had 14B09 done, and when I check the VIN number right now on the Ford OASIS site, 15S21 comes up as an open recall for the car.

It sounds like it will be a while before they have the parts available to complete this recall. When further updates come from Ford Canada I will post them here.
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752

Thanks Ed.

For the S197 owners who might be wondering about this recall, still no new information from Ford about the parts availability. Hopefully by the time the cars are coming out of hibernation in the spring, parts will be on the shelves to get everyone looked after.

thanks,
    Ed
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752

Updating this thread for the new year ... we still have no additional info from FoMoCo on this recall, so owners will have to continue to be patient for the fix.

As mentioned above, it would be great if the repair procedure and parts become available within the next few months so that everyone could get looked after as soon as the cars are coming out for the season.

thanks,
    Ed N.
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752

I saw a mention on the S197 forum last night that some U.S. owners have received a letter from Ford stating that parts are becoming available for 15S21. As of this morning, we still have no new info on the Ford Canada dealer website for this recall. Hopefully it gets updated this week with news that I can pass along.

thanks,
    Ed N.
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752