Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  25
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Airbag Recall Info

TheMustangShow
    The delay is Total FAIL on the part of FORD.

Being it's a safety recall, delay seems excessive.
    Do appreciate your keeping everyone up to speed Ed, know your just the messenger.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    The delay is Total FAIL on the part of FORD.
    It's not just Ford, there are a bunch of OEMs waiting for the new supply to come from Takata.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT View Post
    It's not just Ford, there are a bunch of OEMs waiting for the new supply to come from Takata.
    No other Company makes Airbags?

It's a paramount safety issue and Ford, it's a joke that FORD would even continue to do business with Takata.

The Liability exposure for FORD and the other Car Cos. during the recall delay must be huge, that said, I'm sure Takata have taken out huge insurance policies with the likes of AON, to financially protect there customers in the event of lawsuits/payouts stemming from any more injures or deaths due to their lethal Airbags.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    I believe there are only 3 or 4 manufacturers in the world for airbags. It's a bit difficult for one or several of them to suddenly take and fill an order for 10s of millions of bags in addition to their regular orders. From what I've heard the other manufacturers besides Takata are attempting to help cover some of the production shortfall.

Long story short, if Takata and Honda had not glossed over the data for several years before finally admitting an issue, this could all have been dealt with much sooner. Honda was the largest buyer of Takata airbags.

Roushcharged
    Been on a few US sites and it seems some owners are starting to get letters to bring there cars in for the recall.

I saw the posts on s197 forum last night as well. I was going to reach out to you Ed and see if you had news. I have not got the first one done yet. Is it still recommended to do both or does the second now cover the first as well?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Both my cars are affected by this, and both manufacturers are waiting for parts.
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT View Post
    I believe there are only 3 or 4 manufacturers in the world for airbags. It's a bit difficult for one or several of them to suddenly take and fill an order for 10s of millions of bags in addition to their regular orders. From what I've heard the other manufacturers besides Takata are attempting to help cover some of the production shortfall.

Long story short, if Takata and Honda had not glossed over the data for several years before finally admitting an issue, this could all have been dealt with much sooner. Honda was the largest buyer of Takata airbags.
    Yes all too easy to toss Ford under the bus.

My wife's Jeep Renegade is going in today for the recall. I'll be glad to get it done finally.
    ~Scott B