Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  25
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Airbag Recall Info

AKAFISH
    I called Fraser Ford last week for my 2006 GT and asked them about it and gave my VIN# and they said they didn't have any.......

I'd suggest trying them again this week. Part ordering info is available to the dealers, and the warehouse in Brampton that services with overnight deliveries has 1000+ of these in stock.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

AKAFISH
    Thx! I will give them a call tomorrow

AKAFISH
    Update: I called Fraser again and still the same thing that they didn't have any info and then told me to call Ford Canada, so I called them and they told me they have the passenger side airbags but not the drivers side..........

Wow, I don't like to put down the efforts of other dealers, but you need to speak to someone else there or try a different store. 15S21 updated info has been available to Canadian dealers for almost 2 weeks now, it is for the driver's side airbag inflator. There is no passenger side airbag recall on Mustangs, that is on some Rangers.

From the recall info dated June 6:

Before demonstrating or delivering 2005-2006 Ford GT and 2005-2012 Mustang vehicles, dealers are to replace the driver airbag inflator and return the original inflator for analysis. This service must be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.
    NOTE: All vehicles that were previously repaired under Customer Satisfaction Program 14B09 will also require driver airbag inflator replacement, as directed by this safety recall.

Lots of parts available for this recall now as I mentioned. With them being an SVT dealer and presumably having a fair amount of S197 customers, I'd have guessed that they would have been on top of this already.

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post

Lots of parts available for this recall now as I mentioned. With them being an SVT dealer and presumably having a fair amount of S197 customers, I'd have guessed that they would have been on top of this already.
    Yep. I emailed my dealer Friday morning and they said the parts will be in today.

AKAFISH
    Thanks Fast ED!
    I am on Vacation next week so when I get back I will call another dealer and hopefully, they can help me out.....will let you know happens.....thx again

So went in to the Ford dealer to get my mud lights and rear diff seal looked at to be replaced under warranty.The parts will be here tomorrow.The service guy asked me if I wanted to do the air bag recall,while the car was in .I said sure. Funny thing is ,that yesterday ,I had received the recall notice .It stated that the airbags won't be available for at least 6 months.So getting everything I can possibly think of fixed before warranty expires,was a good thought.I can drive feeling a little bit safer ,knowing that a piece of metal wont go through my head in an accident.lol
    GHIG

blueshelby
    That's so true I got the letter today telling me they'll notify me the last quarter months of year cause the airbag is not available yet. Ha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    So went in to the Ford dealer to get my mud lights and rear diff seal looked at to be replaced under warranty.The parts will be here tomorrow.The service guy asked me if I wanted to do the air bag recall,while the car was in .I said sure. Funny thing is ,that yesterday ,I had received the recall notice .It stated that the airbags won't be available for at least 6 months.So getting everything I can possibly think of fixed before warranty expires,was a good thought.I can drive feeling a little bit safer ,knowing that a piece of metal wont go through my head in an accident.lol
    I'd advise double-checking with the dealer that they have the right part for your car. My wife's 2014 they said they had the airbag in stock....so they installed it. 2 days later got a call saying they installed the wrong part and to bring the car back in so they could put the original airbag back in. Hard to believe something like that can happen with an airbag...