Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Mustang GT P0420/P0430 codes and emissions

efx

2003 Mustang GT P0420/P0430 codes and emissions

So i installed a bassani catted h pipe and SLP LM1 exhaust last year and recently got these codes. I believe i can disable rear o2 censors with SCT tuner which i have.

Does anyone if the car will pass emissions with rear o2 censors disabled? Thanks.

If 02's are the single monitor that doesn't come up ready (with MIL's or shut off via tune), your good to go on a legit etest.

Yet to try a pair of these but said to be a good option for "helping" the rear 02's do the right thing.

https://www.modernperformance.com/pr...aliber_exhaust

efx
    Hmm interesting piece of hardware. Good backup plan. Thanks.

Shut your rear 02's off, do a drive cycle or three, check to see if the rest of your monitors are showing ready. If so, done deal.
    If you have two on, need to have etest done, will fail but you can return after 24hrs + 30kms, if same two are on, can get a conditional. Kicker about the condition now, you can only do it once.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Yet to try a pair of these but said to be a good option for "helping" the rear 02's do the right thing.

https://www.modernperformance.com/pr...aliber_exhaust

I'm going to order a set. Once they are in I'll let everyone know the results.

Just need to check your mounting location to ensure enough room. Hawt product on the tuner car forums, those guys swear by em. Maybe we are behind the curve on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Just need to check your mounting location to ensure enough room. Hawt product on the tuner car forums, those guys swear by em. Maybe we are behind the curve on this one.
    10-4.

I just used spark plug anti foulers on mine (small spacer not the donkey dick style), worked good to eliminate the intermittent 02 codes when paired with a 02 elim.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Interesting. I have the catted Bassani X pipe aswell, and I am hoping it doesn't put on a check engine light as I just had the rear O2's turned back on so I can go get the etest done. Time will tell I guess. Such a joke, and a pain in the azz!