Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fox prices. wow.

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
    Worth 1/2 that and it's not an R, it's a base.
    It's an R.

The seller will get the money.

Rare Stangs continue to pull big dough and this one is basically new.

def. a R.... and someone will pay.

if I had millions.. why not!
    '88 LX

b1lk1
    OK, I take back the "R" part, but that is still pricey for a car that you shouldn't drive. All the value is the fact it was never used.

HyperGT
    pretty simle, its a collectors investment not a driver.

b1lk1
    I understand the concept, just not my idea of car ownership. Even if I were a collector I'd beat the crap out of my most expensive car as much as an 18yr old with a Foxbody, lol.

Funny read on the WIKI about these cars, It says "Ford didn't want these to go to collectors so you had to have an active racing license to buy one", lol.

It would be interesting to know how many of the 107 93 Cobra R cars actually got made in to race cars, or at least saw some track time at lapping days or Solo I competitions. My guess would be less than a 1/3 of them. When I was racing at Sebring in the fall of 93 at a Firehawk 12 hr, I think there were 3 of them there, 2 for sure.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

b1lk1
    I would think back in 93 you'd have to be a pretty hardcore Foxbody type guy to buy these cars with the SN's right around the corner and the Z28 Camaro spanking it around too.. Just too limited appeal. For $100K you can buy/build a 1000HP Corvette that can actually take a corner AND you can drive it without fear of wrecking a 1 of 107.....