Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wiring harness question

Wiring harness question

I inspected my computer the other day in my 88 GT to ensure the SCT chip was still connected properly after the idle was surging upon initial start up and noticed this wiring harness disconnected. This is located in the passenger kick panel.

No clue why or what it's for but I connected it back.

The car idles better upon start up now and I question whether the chip was not connected fully or had anything to do with this harness. I'm not a fan of how the chip is exposed like it is out of the computer and sticking out of the computer and secured with duct tape as it's jammed back into the stock location but I will worry about that later.

The car was converted to mass air years ago so the harness could have nothing to do with it and be related to the former speed density computer.

My question is does anyone know what this harness is for?
    I searched goggle with no luck but maybe someone has a Hayes manual or recently did a mass air conversion and knows.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure what it's for hut I remember seeing an empty harness hanging there in more than one car...also not sure a black connector should plug into a grey one.

tulowd
    Tulowd posted up this link up

FOX BODY VAC AND WIRING DIAGRAMS

http://home.comcast.net/~smithmonte/...stang_EVTM.htm