Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sn95 torque arm

Sn95 torque arm

Are these worth the money ? My car currently has BMR upper and lower arms with a mm panhard bar. I really don't like the feel when the car goes over an uneven surface . The back feels hesitant to allow body roll and then it will kinda clunk once the angle gets too steep.

There is a timmies that has a huge curb to get into, you gotta go at it on an angle otherwise you'll scrape.

The torque arm would allow to set the pinion angle proper as well would it not?

Any insight would be good. This car is a totally cruiser and I want the best comfort .

For a total cruiser with emphasis on ride, remove all current arms, MM lowers with FMS uppers. You would be noticeably happier with the ride. Your also loosing some compliance with the panhard but stability gained is well worth the trade off.
    What spring n shock combo all round?
    You do know coil overs aren't just about performance. Ride difference vs conventional springs has to be experienced to believe.

Bilstiens shocks and struts with H&R super sport springs.

The front rides fairly decent, it's the back that feels stiff to me .

You got the correct shorty bump stop on the chassis above the diff?

Yes sir

Club Supporter
    Personally, torque arm out back with coilovers up front transformed the ride compliance of my car. Added bonus, handling will be vastly improved as well. That is of course dependant upon proper component selection.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    For a total cruiser with emphasis on ride, remove all current arms, MM lowers with FMS uppers. You would be noticeably happier with the ride. Your also loosing some compliance with the panhard but stability gained is well worth the trade off.
    What spring n shock combo all round?
    You do know coil overs aren't just about performance. Ride difference vs conventional springs has to be experienced to believe.

Agree with this. I would try to find a set of early fox lowers with round bushings on both ends. Huge difference over the stupid oval bushings. Thats what I had in my Cobra. No wheel hop, No harshness and great handling. BTW I have a mint set of 84 SVO lowers with high durometer round bushings in both ends. Factory equipment taken off a 6000 mile SVO

Get rid of the BMR uppers and go back to a stock upper with stock/replacement bushings on the diff at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by RAT ATK View Post
    Personally, torque arm out back with coilovers up front transformed the ride compliance of my car. Added bonus, handling will be vastly improved as well. That is of course dependant upon proper component selection.
    Another SN95 here with a TA, and agree with the above. Manners on the track are outstanding. Not too sure how beneficial it would be for a straight cruiser.

-Don____________