Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free gas pedal mod

efx

Free gas pedal mod

So i was working on the car over the weekend installing steeda adjustable cable/quadrant/firewall adjuster kit and noticed that gas pedal had quite a bit of free play.

Went online and started looking into it, to see if it was just my car or a ford thing. Turns out it's like that from the factory and there is a mod to get rid of free play and have a nice firm pedal. so i followed this guide ( http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm ) with parts around my garage and what a difference. Instant throttle response. I feel like this mod would be great for guys at the strip and track with heel/toe.

Highly recommend!

Yep its a cool little easter egg mod. Man Mustang World was the shit back in the day. I think I did most of these free mods

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/ctips.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

To me, best done so that the throttle blade just reaches full open when the pedal contacts the floor.

that's pretty interesting. I want to take a closer look at mine now. I recently adjusted my pedal covers to get the correct depth for heel/toe, but didn't do anything about the play in the pedal.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    that's pretty interesting. I want to take a closer look at mine now. I recently adjusted my pedal covers to get the correct depth for heel/toe, but didn't do anything about the play in the pedal.
    Details? My gas pedal is a good 2inches below my brake and clutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

efx
    I will take a pic tonight to show the new position of the pedal relative to brake pedal.

pretty simple really. I added a set of generic ebay pedal covers and spent some time messing with the height of the gas pedal cover. since it attaches with wood screws into the plastic, it is fairly easy to remove/replace. I just went to longer screws and added some washers (and later some nuts) as spacers until I got the height I wanted. It took some trial and error and testing to get it right, since I was looking for the correct gas pedal depth to match the brake pedal depth at threshold.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

I gotta think the free play in the gas peddle has got to be a safety feature or something to do with the kick down of an automatic ....since it's not limited to the 99-04 Mustangs, it's universal on all cars.
    -Don____________

Pfffft safety. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!!
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

efx