Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 05 to 09 Mustangs with dash mounted gauge pods

You win Scott, pillar, dash, vent. Wait, no custom mount? Silly me, I'm sure it's on the to do list.

I have the dual SOS pillar mount but toying with the idea of going to vent mounts. I like the stealthy install.

What gauges do you want to run Stephen?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    ...What gauges do you want to run Stephen?
    I was thinking oil pressure and coolant temp.

KIDAGIN
    If your going to put in a pillar pod think about doing a 3 gauge not much more money or work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you loose the ability to use mechanical gauges with the pilar pod mounts, no?
    For me, it's mechanical or bust.

The center dash pod OneQwkStang posted gets my vote. I might be biased as it's the closest looking to mine
    -Don____________

If you decide to go with a dual pillar mount, shoot me a pm before you pay full pop for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    I was thinking oil pressure and coolant temp.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    You win Scott, pillar, dash, vent. Wait, no custom mount? Silly me, I'm sure it's on the to do list.

I have the dual SOS pillar mount but toying with the idea of going to vent mounts. I like the stealthy install.

What gauges do you want to run Stephen?
    Al, don't need any more gauges that I can think of! Beside the NEXUS controller is full no more connections left.

The Roush Vent Pods are pretty cool and not that difficult to install. I recall as with most things the most difficult part was the dis-assembly, I am always afraid of breaking plastic parts when you yank on them. You do not loose any air flow with the Vent Pods, but you do loose the ability to direct the air flow.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ?..The center dash pod OneQwkStang posted gets my vote. I might be biased as it's the closest looking to mine
    I like that one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you loose the ability to use mechanical gauges with the pilar pod mounts, no?
    For me, it's mechanical or bust.

The center dash pod OneQwkStang posted gets my vote. I might be biased as it's the closest looking to mine
    You are correct Don, not much room to run mechanical tubing in the pilar.

The center dash pod OneQuickStang posted does look great. I believe for that style it is necessary to drill holes in the dash. The SOS style hooks on at the windows edge and double edge tapes down in front.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Performance Redefined OneQwkStang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Stephen Speed of Sound Pillar and Dash Pods in mine alone with a Roush vent pod. Both excellent products.

And from the window looking in.

And back.

Damn I don't know if I have a rear shot.

Performance Redefined OneQwkStang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    You are correct Don, not much room to run mechanical tubing in the pilar.

The center dash pod OneQuickStang posted does look great. I believe for that style it is necessary to drill holes in the dash. The SOS style hooks on at the windows edge and double edge tapes down in front.
    Yes some holes are required.