Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tunable Induction CAI

Tunable Induction CAI

Hey fellas

I'm headed down to myrtle the first week of July with the family. I was talking to a friend that's pretty heavy into stang and he said I should buy a Tunable Induction CAI as they are awesome. They quite close to me while I'm down there and would only cost me 10 bucks to get it shipped to my hotel. The fender well CAI is 199 bucks or if I was to get it painted to match the exterior it would be 249. My question is has anyone ran one of these or know anyone who has? I ve done some research and really like their intake but as a usual newbie is looking for your trusted feedback.

I prefer JLT. Seem to be widely regarded as the industry leader. I ran one on my car pre-blower and it was solid. I had that, exhaust, DIY port plenum and went 13.99.

That said what do you want out of the car? Just wanting to pick up a couple extra hp or do you have an end goal?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I'm just looking to add bolt ons. I don't think I'll ever get into strip times. I have a list essentially started for my car of things.

Frame connectors are first. They are ordered just waiting on Steeda to get them in stock.

I think I'll go CAI and then probably a SCT from Diago with a couple of his tunes.

I want to do cosmetic as well. The front bumper on this car is desperately missing something so I'll add the chin spoiler and grill delete because that honeycomb drives me bonkers.

CAI and tune will def wake it up a bit. After looking at many options for TB's and plenums it looks like for a mild motor that the stock stuff flows more than enough air. Throw a 373 or 410 gear in it and you should be happy. Oh, X/H pipe with a cat back for minor gain in HP but major gains in

Yeah Slick I hear ya. Already have a BBK X pipe and magnaflow system.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckcleaner View Post
    I'm just looking to add bolt ons. I don't think I'll ever get into strip times. I have a list essentially started for my car of things.

Frame connectors are first. They are ordered just waiting on Steeda to get them in stock.

I think I'll go CAI and then probably a SCT from Diago with a couple of his tunes.

I want to do cosmetic as well. The front bumper on this car is desperately missing something so I'll add the chin spoiler and grill delete because that honeycomb drives me bonkers.
    Then really if times aren't of importance get whichever CAI looks the best and has the best quality fit and finish. I have never heard of the brand you mentioned, but that doesn't mean its not good.

I built my car essentially in this order

- Black/Clear Headlights, mach 1 chin spoiler, grille delete, sequential taillights, CDC styling bar were first mods
    - New stereo all around was second
    - Wheels/Tires with a drop spring
    - Short shifter (mgw made a massive difference)
    - Exhaust/Intake/TB Plenum
    - 4.10 gears, subframe connectors, torque box reinforcements

If I had stopped there the car essentially would have been a dead nuts reliable weekend cruiser/second car.

Being that new to stang the boys here recommended frame connectors before anything which makes sense to me. The vert really is a wet noodle as someone said. After that I'm just looking to add bolt ons here and there and have a reliable weekend ride with a little bit more snot than a stock stang. I can't leave anything stock which is why I SD my last car. It was to original and nice to change anything on it.

SFC's are nice. They noticeably firmed up my car when I installed them for sure. I just liked the visual stuff more lol.

SFC's were top of my list too...but then I found a hole in the exhaust. Since thats done, If i find money again SFC will be top of the list. You always find a sale or get a deal on somthing else and the SFC's seem to drop in priority.

The Mach 1 delete and chin lip makes a huge difference! Why do you need to turn when you look soo badass!
    Joel,

Lol Styrofoam your funny. Well my exhaust is done for now so I've taken rickshaw advice and started with SFC'S before I go any fit her into mods. You coming to the oshawa M&G tomorrow night?