Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio Installs - NEW EDGE Verts - Amps, Subs, Decks, Comps - What's in your ride?

12vGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by gramzee View Post
    dbovine ..... like the sub in the corner, that's what i'd like to try and do, need to keep SOME room for clubs in the trunk, I know with a vert i might be dreaming.

WTF ..... trunk looks very clean! Did you do it yourself or have someone do it?

12vguy..... nice gear you have in there! What sound dampening did you use? Agree with you, installs at anything below freezing is NO fun..... irritates the hell out of me. I was doing things in this car in my garage this winter, and it's insulated, but still a bit too cold for my liking. Things snap to easily in the cold, plus I don't have the luxury of a ton of room around me. Weather forecast is looking good.
    I've been using ballistic sound dampening from Metra. Good results and pricing. Master pack is 38 sq ft and will usually do trunk, doors, and some floor

speedfreak
    Does the factory deck in my 04 cobra have a pre out for a sub? Not looking to a big audio install just want a amp and a sub for some more bass?

no but you should be able to wire one easily enough

12vGuy
    Most amps these days accept high level inputs so no issue connecting with out pre-outs from the deck.
    Many also offer remote gain control as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Factory Mach 1000

I wish mine was optioned with this. I'd love to have this set up in my car.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

gramzee
    That's the Mach 1000, but there was also the Mach 460, which doesn't have all that. Still runs amps though. My Cobra Vert has the 460, and i'm starting from scratch.

MrTinkertrain
    here s my modest budget system in my 02gt vert. everything is alpine, bought everything used, and installed myself with proper wiring practice, proper harnesses, and no cutting, splicing, or drilling. except for switch panel which can be replaced.

Alpine DVD nav head unit

switches for brake, park brake, sub amp, rear camera, and audio video aux in. you can watch dvds, turn on or off sub amp, and turn on rear camera when driving. you can also plug in an external audio video source (ipod, vcam, ps4, etc). still using all stock mach460 hardware (sounds ok for now. could be way better with aftermarket components)

trunk is simple and clean with homemade box sitting in spare tire area with no drilling. 2 10 inch subs and a 1000w mono amp wired at 2 ohms.
    Last edited by MrTinkertrain; 10-16-2014 at 11:59 AM.