Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EFI set up for the carb guys.

EFI set up for the carb guys.

Impressive results, fuel mileage increase is a bonus.

I've put this kit on 2 cars.. works great..
    But trust me on the sunscreen !!

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by onDjuice View Post
    I've put this kit on 2 cars.. works great..

Any details like before and after power, 1320 times, mph and which car, intake and motor combo , etc ?
    Way too expensive in my opinion to justify the improvement against a properly set up and functioning carb; if you already have it.

May be viable if someone is looking to build an intake setup and doesn't have the appropriate carb.

If you are on the path of buying a new carb

b1lk1
    Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    Any details like before and after power, 1320 times, mph and which car, intake and motor combo , etc ?
    Way too expensive in my opinion to justify the improvement against a properly set up and functioning carb; if you already have it.

May be viable if someone is looking to build an intake setup and doesn't have the appropriate carb.

If you are on the path of buying a new carb
    Most people can't tune a carb properly and the few that can are reluctant to take the time for others. EFI is bolt on and the average Joe can handle it and get a good running car out of it VS potential carb issues.

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
    Most people can't tune a carb properly and the few that can are reluctant to take the time for others. EFI is bolt on and the average Joe can handle it and get a good running car out of it VS potential carb issues.
    Almost all Pro Systems carbs I've ever heard of run stellar as shipped for about $600 USD. My buddy bought 2 for his blower cars and they run champ. That's less than 1/4 of the cost of EFI with no loss in power.

TurboFox
    Didnt you have carb problems? Dyno time and tunes get expensive. I went hp efi and its amazing

Mise
    We have done several fast EZ efi kits pretty much everyone has had their own glitches from bad map sensors to bad ecm's. Holley is going to be the next one we try and they did have great guy at the head of their EFI division in Rick Anderson formerly of Anderson Ford Motorsport. Fyi we tune carbed cars all the time and they aren't that expensive to tune.