Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water/meth injection...

water/meth injection...

any of you hot rod gurus running W/M on your boosted setup?

Ive had consistency issues...could be fuel...could be atmospheric changes (eg colder air or humidity)

however...when its on its the bomb...thoughts...comments pls

I have a cooling mist trunk mounted kit. I'm using windshield washer fluid right now but going to go water/ meth soon. Not sure what ratio yet, lots of debate out there.

MEANMCHN
    I had it on my last setup, we got it to work but it never effected the a/f ratio during the tune, even to the point we had to pull it out and confirm it was spraying (which it was). Never noticed a difference so I sold the kit. I'd say spend the money on something else.

Were you monitoring pre / post IAT's?
    On a buddy's Cobra, can see clearly via IAT II when the Meth hits, IAT's drop.

MEANMCHN
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Were you monitoring pre / post IAT's?
    On a buddy's Cobra, can see clearly via IAT II when the Meth hits, IAT's drop.
    I believe they were when tuning it, but it was about 10-11 years ago so maybe things have changed. All I remember from my experience was that it didn't do anything, but I am/was using a Vortech with an air-air IC. The Cobras probably have higher air temps so would realize a bigger differential.

Pretty early in the WM scene. Suspect they had no clear way to monitor post boost IAT's, likely only watching for AFR to change. Researched it to death n was set on using for the Cobra but have since been able to better manage engine heat (huge oil cooler and removed factory version) which in turn has lowered IAT's significantly. Had I installed, would have opted for nozzles below the blower and intercooler. Complicated install but well worth the effort.
    One we did the check on, was mearley plumbed into the intake tube with a single nozzle. Simple but worked ok.
    Have another friend with one, looking forward to see if his intake tube mounted unit works as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MEANMCHN View Post
    I had it on my last setup, we got it to work but it never effected the a/f ratio during the tune, even to the point we had to pull it out and confirm it was spraying (which it was). Never noticed a difference so I sold the kit. I'd say spend the money on something else.
    WM allows you to go outside your tuning window...eg leaner AF ratio...more timing...more boost

its similar to running race fuel...

if you put race fuel in your car & dont tune for it...no

you wont see any difference...same with WM

I only wanted the WM on my motor because Im on the stock computer...no tune & the car wants to ping on 91 (sometimes)

however it has run fine before on 91...very good in fact...but its edgy...

the WM has made a huge difference...but Im sure any problems Im having is weather related...or fuel related

I just picked up a kit and hopefully will be able to install it this year and get it tuned. I am using more to keep the power I have than make more. Car is a dog when it gets hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    I just picked up a kit and hopefully will be able to install it this year and get it tuned. I am using more to keep the power I have than make more. Car is a dog when it gets hot.
    if you spray just the right amount of liquid in the right concentration...most recommend 50/50 mix

IATs will drop greatly & you should actually pick up...even when its hot

Quote Originally Posted by Tailites View Post
    if you spray just the right amount of liquid in the right concentration...most recommend 50/50 mix

IATs will drop greatly & you should actually pick up
    Good to know! I have no experience with WM so i'll be looking for some help when it's time