Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best rubber spray on coating or ?

Best rubber spray on coating or ?

Had a leak on BigBird , I've narrowed it down to a leak in the cowl, it was originally done with some kind of seam sealer, it is where several metal parts and a fresh air duct meet , the seam sealer has lifted and water is now gotten under it, I have removed all of it & was thinking of the best way to seal it, it is in a rather awkward place & surface prep is some what of a problem, thought about silicone & just smearing it on, but never had allot of luck with that on metal etc,
    then thought about some kind of rubberized spray like rocker guard or rubberized coating, figured it would stick better, and would be able to build it up in the area that needs to be done, might as well do both sides since I've got the cowl off, anyone got any suggestions for repair, looking for something that will stick like shit to a blanket be super water proof and flexible but not have a sticky or tacky finish when it dries, also want to spray under the carpet on the floors, where the water was, small spot of surface rust, just want to protect it, really happy I caught it in time, I have pulled out all the brown bread and it is almost perfect underneath, so figured I'd spray it also, looking for some brown bread etc, but will or can use alum insulating foil stuff if all else fails, whatcha all think ?
    Thanks , G>
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

KIDAGIN
    My son sealed a very leaky aluminium boat with aircraft sealer 12 years later still going strong.
    He works building wings for the airline industry.
    I can talk to him and see if he has any more.
    How big is the area you need to fill.

It's not that big, but I want to do both sides and need it to be able to built it up, the crap I removed was 1/4" in places, like a thick caulking, as I mentioned it is some kind of rubberized spray on stuff and looks like it flowed a little before it sets up and hardened ! just looking for something that's not going to let go, I am pretty sure that the rubberized rocker guard, gravel guard, or truck bed liner spray will work ? probably need I'd say a large spray can ? was just wondering if there was something a little better out there, with out costing me an arm and leg, as mentioned spray would be preferable, even if I have to do multi coats !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

what about truck bed liner? little bit thicker then rocker guard and you can get it in various colors.....
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

I used gluvit on my old leaky boat, tough as nails and cures extremely hard. Would only recommend it if you plan to never remove it.

http://www.marinetex.com/gluvit.html

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

55 HD
    Lizzard Skin, go get it from Jason @ Trim Tech in Oshawa

There is absolutely no way to clean properly, this was done when car was put together, goes in behind and down I need to be able to fill the area, with something, and if I use super stuff, the front fender will never come off, with out a sawzall ! gotta be something out there that works well, not like it see a pile of weather (rain) and yesterday monsoon was an exception to the rule, we went thru torrential rain for 7 + hours.

KIDAGIN
    Sounds like you need a spray for sure.
    There is several out there
    A search on rubber sealer spray gives this.

https://www.google.ca/search?sourcei...7j0l5.7835j0j7

Check out a tube of Polyurethane Caulking, availble in black or white. Gets firm, but pilable doesn't get hard. I use it 90% of the time over "todays" silicone junk.