Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust question

sxy_stang

Exhaust question

I currently have a magnaflow exhaust on my car and I'm looking to upgrade. I'm either going with Borla stingers or the attak series. Now my question is should I get a h or x pipe? Catted or not? Any help would be appreciated.

Catted

H or X depends on personal preference

H = Deeper tone, little more rumble

X = Higher pitch, little more exotic sounding

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

sxy_stang
    Thanks for the info. I'm torn between the 2 exhaust systems as I found a vendor that has both pretty much for the same price

Resonator deletes?

With a chambered magnaflow I think the h pipe would be better. With the already higher pitch sounding borlas I think the x pipe.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Stock manifolds
    Bassani Catted X pipe
    Have run
    -Magnaflows
    -SLP Loud Mouths
    -Flowmasters

Out of the bunch, Flowmasters hands down. Enjoyed about the first hour with the SLP's but too noisy even when your doing your best to keep it quiet (zero drone though). Really didn't hurt my feelings when the SLP stuff was buckled in the Mosport incident.
    Maggy's, in spite of most reporting no drone, did it on mine to the point I hated them + not enough good sound out the tails even under big boost.
    For my money, best of both worlds is the Flows (never dreamed I'd being posting something positive about flows). Yes they still have a bit of the 2000 rpm drone but not so bad, just above or just under, smooth n quiet in the car but give a coolio sound out the tail when you bring up n into boost.
    Had Borla Stingers on the yellow '03 vert with stock manifolds n stock H pipe. Sounded insanely good when you in the mood for em but try and cruise easy, just too freakin loud to enjoy the car. Loved the pop on downshifts though.
    Borla Attak, not for the faint of heart regardless of your mid pipe.

Almost forgot, biggest thing I didn't care for about Borla Stingers / SLP's, could not hear the blower whine inside the car, my favorite kinda music.

sxy_stang
    With the bassani catted x pipe will I need O2 extensions? Also will I need a retune

Yes on extensions, buy pre made vs modding 02 wires.
    Most likely not but cheap insurance to have at least a pull done on the dyno to confirm.

Cats are overrated!!!

But seriously. Go catted unless you want to stink like fuel all the time and squirm every time a cop is behind you. lol.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!