Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bump steer kit?

Bump steer kit?

So a few weeks ago I lowered my new edge cobra with H & R sport springs new isolators and MM caster camber plates....I'm curious about bump steer kits....and I'm wondering if I should look into buying and installing these like the steeda kit. is it a waste of money for just a 1.5" drop? will it make driving it on bumpier roads handle better? I'd love to hear from the experienced fellows on this

Largest gains are in correct shocks n struts (+ tires that don't have a predisposition to following the cracks) and alignment paying special attention to adding a bunch of caster. Would you be pleased with a b steer kit, yes but only if you pay the load to have it done properly.
    If it was mine, would start with Maximum alum rack bushings + steering shaft first.

MEANMCHN
    They're a great addition but I only find they help fight tire chatter at the limit, don't notice from day to day driving with street tires on.

thanks so much for the input guys

i was also thinking about shocks and struts for next year......wont see any track time just a nice "weekend" cruiser.......im also looking for input on them as well

Lowered on stock shocks and struts?
    Night and day difference stepping up to Bilsteins all round. Stockers are simply not up to the job of controlling your new springs, especially since lowered.

Yes they are all stockers...for this year anyhow If I didn't have to get another alignment so soon I would probably jump on it right now

I've got a set of the factory Bilstein rears from an 03/04 I'd sell..

I noticed a pretty good gain after adding the bump steer kit on the slowbra.