Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tokico Adjustable Dampers...

Tokico Adjustable Dampers...

I bought a complete set of springs (Steeda) and dampers (Tokico D-Spec Adjustable)from Scott a couple of years ago when he switched to an air suspension. Until today I was running them at a midway between full hard and soft (3.5 turns on the adjuster from full hard). Well, with the TMC Cruise to the Races happening toady, I figured it was time to back them down a little for a more enjoyable cruse experience. So after a visit to the local car wash Celeste and I set about adjusting the dampers. Ol Paint is now running 5 turns from full hard. The difference between 5 and 3.5 turns is quite noticeable. Little stutter bumps on the way into our neighborhood feel like they no longer exist. I'm really looking forward to the cruise, and to the next track day when I plan to crank the dampers up a litte to see how the change affects the handling on the road course.

That's great to hear. I'll be putting adjustable Konis on mine hopefully sooner than later.

I've been super hesitant doing suspension in my 14 because when I did my 06 it rode like poo.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Most good shocks like that can be run pretty soft for street driving, great ride but still controlled damping.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Roushcharged
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    I'll be putting adjustable Konis on mine hopefully sooner than later
    Looks like I'll be going this route sooner then I anticipated as well.....

I've been toying with the idea of changing up my suspension and selling my Koni adjustable sports once the summer is over. PM me if interested and if timing works