Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you want from your mustang?

What do you want from your mustang?

One thing I love about the car hobby is it's actually different for everyone. It provides such a range of ways to enjoy cars. My fellow car nuts here enjoy mustangs but even within this group the way we enjoy is different for every member.

One thing I have realized is that it's good to know what you want from your car hobby so that you build your cars the way YOU want to enjoy them. Oddly I think many of us don't actually do this as well as we could yet others know exactly what they want and stay on track, pardon the pun.

For me, I want a compromise car. I want it to look good, sound good, have enough power to keep a smile on my face and above all I want to drive it plenty so it needs to be comfy and reliable. I also want to wrench on it but only when I feel like it.

To achieve these things it's probably more important to know what my car won't be. It won't be 700+hp or an all out corner carver nor will it be so pretty that I can't drive it for fear of a rain drop or a stone chip. There's nothing wrong with any of these things but it doesn't fit what I want from my car and that's kind of the point.

Looking at my car objectively I think I'm pretty close to my plan but I would have done better if I had always kept it in mind. My suspension and wheel setup up is a little too harsh, my engine is a little too anemic and I've DD'd it a little too much so it's starting to show a little more wear and tear than I'd like.

What are your thoughts TMC

Is your car a show piece, a strip beast, a corner carver or a cool DD? Did you have a plan in mind? Are you sticking too it?

What's your story?

Because Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Is your car a show piece, a strip beast, a corner carver or a cool DD? Did you have a plan in mind? Are you sticking too it?
    I would call mine an amateur corner carver.

My plan has always been handling before power. And after my first trip to the road course my plan became even clearer. It also follows my philosophy of driving the car versus polishing it. I hate cleaning it, I hate the fear of a tiny chip or scratch ruining my day, I hate standing in the blistering sun in a hot parking lot full of cars and people. Whether it be a relaxed cruise up north, or some fast laps around Mosport, I enjoy my car more when I'm driving it.

So yeah, I'd say I have been sticking to my plan. I just wish it were progressing a bit faster LOL.

One thing I gotta say about a plan and sticking to it tho ....stop when you get there! Seen way too many people just keep going and going ...to the point where the car becomes unusable. Either the car is too pretty to drive, or too powerful to ...well, also drive.
    -Don____________

I just wanted a fun DD that made driving a pleasure again, after too many years of driving the "Family" Mini-Vans and SUV's... will do a few Mod's just to give it the
    sound I like and maybe a couple more HP.

My plan is very similar to yours UncleBuck. I want something that looks great, has good power and handles a little better than it does currently.

So far I'm on track. I made the exhaust a little retarded and might change it next year to something more civilized but other than that I'm fairly happy with it.

One thing I regret is not getting a DD sooner. Could have saved myself about 35,000km and a bunch of stone chips
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

to put a smile on my face every time I sit my ass in the seat!!!!!

2019 Roush Race Red RS3 Mustang GT
    2019 White Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Ltd
    2019 Chevy Equinox AWD

I have always like something with a bit of rarity, something just a little bit different but such that those in the know would have their interest peaked but that many would just pass by. My Taurus was an SHO. My first Mustang was a T-Top, my second a Notch. The 85 Saleen took this a little too far, while it was a cool conversation piece and got a lot of interest, it was too rare and I was worried about taking it to the track, losing a valuable rare piece on it and adding a ton of miles on long road trips - the things I like most about this hobby.

Lately, handling has become more interesting to me, so my current car has received the most suspension/chassis mods vs my previous cars.

So the Mach1 I have now suits me well. A bit more interesting than a GT, but I can drive it guilt free. It shows well enough. Is comfortable on the long trips. And runs like a scared cat on carpet around the road course.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

-Don____________

see. handles like shit on hardwood.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Same reason as Uncle Buck.

Dutch
    To get it running.