Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Convertible - Pros and Cons

I have had 5 Mustang verts. Without going into all the reasons fore and against, let me put it very simply: As long as I can afford to do it, I will NEVER buy a hardtop anything for myself.
    My 14 vert, with light bar and wind screen, is an absolute delight to drive. It's my DD and I'm approaching 50,000 KM already.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Did you buy one yet Not4you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Did you buy one yet Not4you?
    not yet. just dealing with tire kickers and time wasters on my car. need to sell it first.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

After seeing a rollover into shallow water this year during a cruise, I decided that I don't really like verts anymore. The occupants survived that incident - they were in a coupe. I'm convinced that I would have been killed in that situation. That said, a roll cage would certainly help - but who wants a cage for a street car? Some other cons: chassis stiffness is greatly reduced, additional weight, additional maintenance (minor), body lines are broken (matter of opinion).

I must say though, cruising with the top down is fantastic.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-C View Post
    After seeing a rollover into shallow water this year during a cruise, I decided that I don't really like verts anymore. The occupants survived that incident - they were in a coupe. I'm convinced that I would have been killed in that situation. That said, a roll cage would certainly help - but who wants a cage for a street car? Some other cons: chassis stiffness is greatly reduced, additional weight, additional maintenance (minor), body lines are broken (matter of opinion).

Sell me your Cobra then and buy a coupe, and I'll sell N4Y my vert. Everyone wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

or cut out the middle man and I'll take his cobra and he can have my Mach1 ... done.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Rich...I think Gary gave you one too many of those Lemon Beer Coolers! You love verts and you know it! Plus putting the roof down is the only way you fit in a Mustang! LOL

Don't you dare get rid of that Cobra! It's an official Woodward Traditional Cruiser!! LOL

Mustang Occasionally

'New Dad' quote ^^^

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    not yet. just dealing with tire kickers and time wasters on my car. need to sell it first.
    Just tell Ghost Rider to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by saleen27c View Post
    Rich...I think Gary gave you one too many of those Lemon Beer Coolers! You love verts and you know it! Plus putting the roof down is the only way you fit in a Mustang! LOL

Don't you dare get rid of that Cobra! It's an official Woodward Traditional Cruiser!! LOL
    Lol u got me on the fitting in the car part
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    'New Dad' quote ^^^
    Lol dammit its true. I certainly take a closer look at risky behaviour since rachel was born
    Rich