Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Convertible - Pros and Cons

Convertible - Pros and Cons

I was talking with someone at a meet recently about convertibles and wanted to hear other opinions. I have never owned one, and think I may have only been in one a time or two. So I have no experience.

So, convertible owners past and present what are the Pros and Cons of owning a vert? Are you in the "nothing beats top down cruising" camp or the "fuck that, the direct sun is brutal" point of view?? Somewhere in the middle?

BECAUSE RACECAR

SN95 Saleen Vert...mmmm....i've been a few and they are Hot as Fck on a day like today...but when the sun starts to go down there is nothing like it!
    Favourite time is at night when it's warm. I've debated getting a vert several times as well.

CON : messes up your hair

PRO: messes up your wife's hair
    wind-hair-8.jpg

BIG CON: need roll bar
    -Don____________

Mustang Occasionally
    I've had an 87 GT vert, a 2012 GT vert and now this 2015 GT vert.

I wasn't really into my 87 vert. I had it for a short while and it just didn't cut it for me. I stayed away from verts for a long time after that because I just didn't think they were my thing.

2012... Picked up that black 2012 from Heritage and I loved it right off the bat. Did some styling mods to it and it was one of the sharpest cars I've had. It took the Boss to trade it.

Now back in the saddle and I test drove a coupe and almost bought it. But when it came time, I really wanted to be able to enjoy those summer night cruises. And I have been. I've got almost 1700kms on the odo after just over a week.

Nice summer days where there is a mix of sun and cloud and maybe a high of 24/25 is very nice too. But the summer nights... They're the best.

And it's best to have a good working a/c system too to compensate. My current car also has cooled seats which really help out.

You can go for a boot in mine, Matt the next time we meet up and you can see if you like it.

I have a 95 GT vert and i LOVE it...top down with sunscreen and no shirt is the bomb...mind you i live in an area with long country roads. i dont have A/C but the breeze is awesome

I've never owned a vert or a mustang until I bought the one I have now. IMO they are a blast and if you get to hot put the top up and kick the A/C. The beauty part about the vert is that if you have kids and they enjoy your car it's easy to get them in and out with the cars seats.

I've owned a vert and rented several...as a few have stated nothing beats cruising during a summer evening with the top down.

Personally I would still go with a coupe as it just fits me better for track days and drag racing.

Maybe rent one for a weekend Matt and give it a whirl the new 2015's look killer in a drop top.
    2024 VW MK8R - Lapis Blue - 6-Speed
    2004 SVT Cobra - Sold
    2004 SVT Lightning - Sold

KIDAGIN
    I am in the "nothing beats top down cruising" camp.
    I love my Vert and I would buy another in a heart beat.
    I have A/C for the summer months (even put it on with top down) that's how I came home from the stampede was very comfortable.
    Got heat and heated seats for the cooler fall days.
    I have driven top down when it was 8 degrees out I have the wind screen in the light bar and when you put all the windows up it will keep you toasty inside.

Its great for cruising on evenings or nights, or days when you can deal with sun. If you want to build a track or drag car its not ideal (im sure tulowd will argue here lol)

Also if you dont like squeeks and rattles don't get one, the chassis will eventually twist and you will have leaks from the top at some point.

For a second car or third car its cool to have, would never ever buy one as a DD unless its a hard folding top.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KIDAGIN View Post
    I am in the "nothing beats top down cruising" camp.
    I love my Vert and I would buy another in a heart beat.
    I have A/C for the summer months (even put it on with top down) that's how I came home from the stampede was very comfortable.
    I'm in this camp also - grew up in the Caribbean so love the sun and heat and we only get 3-4 months here if we're lucky so that's how I make the most of it. If/when it gets too hot (usually only if sitting in traffic and not moving) then put the top up and turn on the A/C. I think most verts come with A/C? if you want to race it then best to stay away unless you're prepared to do the mods.