Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Convertible - Pros and Cons

70XR7
    Lot of comments here that I skimmed over. I've only been in 1 convertible in my life, and it was an embarrassing car to be in. I'm a car guy.. but there's some cars that I don't want to be associated with.

anyway..

For me, it's simple.

1.. verts weigh more. In the 2014s, it was roughly 130lbs more weight as compared to the coupe.

2.. unless it's designed without a roof in mind (Spyders, roadsters, etc), then you're losing the look if the car. A fastback becomes a brick.
    They're fun, but design-wise, the artists behind the car considered the roofline as a part of the car's persona. Take that away, and you lose the stance and fast-looking aerodynamics. You're trading a fast look for a cruising look. It depends on which you want more.

But that's just it. When airflow isn't a focus of a car, then it can look better as a vert. 72 Eldorado, 69 Marquis, etc..

HyperGT
    Owned a s197 GT vert as a year round daily, loved itand would do it again. Fox vert is fun too, like others say great for cruising, no comparison for fun factor. Run ac and heat when needed, usually one of the two on with top down.
    Kids, i did not like anyone under 10 in the back , if you ever get into a serious accident my fear was always they would get hurt more.
    for the track , dont waste your time. While there are some great track cars , Paul your car is one of them, they are not ideal, heavier, less ridged and not as safe.
    So it depends on what you want with it. For a driver , cruiser....nothing beats it.
    For a track car, not ideal but can be made to perform.

looks, they look great! Get a saleen! Or buy mine lol

Matt: two car garage. Nuff said.
    -Don____________

WTF
    the Morgan is not what I'd call a vert.....it's a roadster

top off...there is simply nothing like it...it's raw and an assault on all senses....you know everything going on around you because you can hear it, and you can see it in your peripheral

top up....it's hot, loud, nasty....and you can't see shit

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    the Morgan is not what I'd call a vert.....it's a roadster

top off...there is simply nothing like it...it's raw and an assault on all senses....you know everything going on around you because you can hear it, and you can see it in your peripheral

top up....it's hot, loud, nasty....and you can't see shit
    I'm honestly of the belief most convertibles should be roadsters, I hate my car deeply with the roof up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

as long as you have a hat/sunglasses the direct sun really isnt that bad. you still have AC and will use it just as often as a hard top.

also note theres usually alot more clunking noises (from the windows/roof cables etc) that you dont get with a hard top. it annoys me on bumpy roads etc.

finally, get a wind deflector. I do not have one yet and want one bad. Sadly any that dont look like junk are expensive ($350 USD + Shipping)

If you get a S197 they are apparently one of the safest convertibles you can buy.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible Ford Racing 3.73 Gears / JLT CAI / Steeda UDPs / SCT SF3 Tuner / Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust
    SOLD

I've had 13 Mustangs
    2 of them were not verts including the last one.
    Will NEVER make that mistake again.

Nothing and I mean nothing beats a top down summer evening cruise out of the city.

If it was my daily driver I'd still opt for the vert because on nice days you just drop the top and go.
    During the day ya it can get hot but I never cared. I like warm weather

How could you daily a modded vert Biz? Mine with the lowered suspension and exhaust with the roof up is an unbearable drone and noise machine.

Also WHY THE FUCK DID I LET SOMEONE PUT SPHERICAL BUSHING LCA'S IN A VERT OMG THE CLUNKING.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

for those with young kids (mine are 7 and 3) - do they like riding in the back or is it too windy??

My kids Love it ( 10 & 7 )
    nothing beats cruising with the top Down.

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    How could you daily a modded vert Biz? Mine with the lowered suspension and exhaust with the roof up is an unbearable drone and noise machine.

Also WHY THE FUCK DID I LET SOMEONE PUT SPHERICAL BUSHING LCA'S IN A VERT OMG THE CLUNKING.
    That's the chassis disintegrating, the toplessness is a safety feature so you can bail before it starts a yard sale on the 401 at 100 mph, lol