Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation On Struts & Shocks?

Recommendation On Struts & Shocks?

This has been my first summer in two years that I have driven my GT. I have forgotten how stiff it was!!! It's time to make it more street cruisable.
    Right now I have Lakewood 90/10's up front, which kinda soften the front a tad, and stock shocks out back. Even though I have lowered suspension, I use to like dragging my GT on the weekends.... seeing that the track is 20 minutes from my place. Reasonning for the strut shock set up. After 10 years of playing at the track, I'm done, and just want to enjoy the simpler part of the hobby, and cruise it.
    Seeing that a lot of you guys have great deal in suspension work, what would be a good affordable strut/shock combo to pair up with my Eibach Sportline springs?

I had tokico yellow 5-way adjustables on my '98 Cobra, it rode awesome, that was 10 years ago though, my memory could be messing with me. It was on H&R super sports.

Go Bilstien or Koni SA's and you'll be golden. What springs do you have?

I ran Eibach ProKit springs and KYB non-adjustable dampers on my 95. It had a nice stance and a very comfortable ride without breaking the bank.

I have not run them on that body style but I'm sure Koni's or Bilstiens would work very well if you're willing to spend a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by 1low03gt View Post
    This has been my first summer in two years that I have driven my GT. I have forgotten how stiff it was!!! It's time to make it more street cruisable.
    Right now I have Lakewood 90/10's up front, which kinda soften the front a tad, and stock shocks out back. Even though I have lowered suspension, I use to like dragging my GT on the weekends.... seeing that the track is 20 minutes from my place. Reasonning for the strut shock set up. After 10 years of playing at the track, I'm done, and just want to enjoy the simpler part of the hobby, and cruise it.
    Seeing that a lot of you guys have great deal in suspension work, what would be a good affordable strut/shock combo to pair up with my Eibach Sportline springs?
    Above.

You sure it's got the short bumpstop in the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Above.
    Oops...lol. I do think Koni or Bilstien. I love the Bilstiens I just put in my 96 up front, night and day to the KYB's.

In order of preference and cost

1 - Koni (single adjustable not the new street shock)
    2 - Bilstein
    3 - KYB

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    You sure it's got the short bumpstop in the rear?

Oh yea, it's there. I replaced the stocker with a Maximum Motorsports pinion snubber/bumpstop. I'm sure that the 18 wheel set doesn't help ride quality either.It's just the next step to aid the quality in the ride is the shocks, and struts.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I was thinking Koni's, but was maybe looking for something more budget in mind, and has a good quality ride for the street. I don't mind having to spend the extra for a quality piece, but I also like getting for for my dollar since I plan to upgrade the front crappy GT brakes down the road too.

Koni's are still 25% off at most retailers. Check with some of our sponsors.