Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2v Supercharger

2v Supercharger

Alright,

Had a chat with Rick on Sunday and he's intrigued me greatly in a screw type charger. Was digging around for a few units he had mentioned and came across this.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/JONSE-Speedlab...992?nav=SEARCH

Looks to be a 2v manifold that will accept a whipple which I would think would work with a Eaton from an 03/04 as well. I checked out the videos and he's in Quebec. I've sent him a message with some questions and will see what he has to say. I'd honestly be happy with picking up just the manifold from this guy and running a stock eaton as they are fairly cheap. I'd also like to be able to pick my own injectors, pumps and all that goes along with it.

Check out johnnys motorsports on FB. There's video on the manifold and his fitment. This just might be what I'm looking for. If I could run stock 0304 eaton and only buy the manifold I might be able to make this happen on somewhat of a budget.

efx
    Very interesting option. What budget are you working with?

No budget yet and to be honest I have a hard time spending 80% of what the cars worth in a charger. I inquired about a manifold kit minus the blower and he's not doing this. IMO it's a business mistake considering a lot of 2v guys would probably buy a kit stick a 0304 cobra blower on it and away you go.

Is this the tork tech kit (cant see ebay on my phone)

If so there are many documented examples of, and Tork Tech will let you buy the tuner kit and piece the blower and ic portion together on your own. You need a bigger hood or scoop for clearance though.

If you just want a cheaper boost in HP look at finding a used Roush or Saleen M90 style kit, many many folks take them off for KB setups and they usually sell for 1500-2500 for a fairly complete kit. They tend to make around 360-380 wheel with supporting.

I went and found a lightly used Vortech V3 kit (5000kms) complete with everything for well under $3000, bolted on in a few hours. Lacks the ass kicking low end of a roots style unit, but pulls nice and hard up top and makes cool jetfighter sounds.

If you spend $5k plus on a blower for one of these cars in the present time, I think you may be slightly unhinged
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

99chromegt
    ^^ it's the Jonse Speedlab R281 kit.

I would love a VMP TVS gen 2 kit for a 2V

Laffs is your Vortech intercooled? Stock pulleys? Who tuned it? Sorry for the thread jack..
    88 LX Hatch, Procharged R347, Lentech, Team Z... under construction.

01 Bullitt, BBK long tubes, X pipe, MagnaFlow MagnaPack cat back, BBK CAI, 4.10's, InTune, Raptor Shift Light, 12.93@105.63

Meth/water injection but want to do FMIC or Aftercooler soon
    Which pulleys? The SC pulley is a 3.33 , rest are stock 6 rib stuff
    Tuned mail order, taking to sponsor shop next year once I finish bigger fuel system and intercooler
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Thanks, I have the same kit uninstalled. Was advised by a tuner not to even run it with out an intercooler. So was just curious if yours was I/C or not. Who did the mail order tune?
    88 LX Hatch, Procharged R347, Lentech, Team Z... under construction.

01 Bullitt, BBK long tubes, X pipe, MagnaFlow MagnaPack cat back, BBK CAI, 4.10's, InTune, Raptor Shift Light, 12.93@105.63

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Is this the tork tech kit (cant see ebay on my phone)

If so there are many documented examples of, and Tork Tech will let you buy the tuner kit and piece the blower and ic portion together on your own. You need a bigger hood or scoop for clearance though.

If you just want a cheaper boost in HP look at finding a used Roush or Saleen M90 style kit, many many folks take them off for KB setups and they usually sell for 1500-2500 for a fairly complete kit. They tend to make around 360-380 wheel with supporting.

I went and found a lightly used Vortech V3 kit (5000kms) complete with everything for well under $3000, bolted on in a few hours. Lacks the ass kicking low end of a roots style unit, but pulls nice and hard up top and makes cool jetfighter sounds.

If you spend $5k plus on a blower for one of these cars in the present time, I think you may be slightly unhinged

Laffs the roush or saleen kit is on my list just cake across this yesterday and figured I'd post it as I hadn't seen it before. Yes you'd be nuts to spend over 5k on a blower for a car that's worth 10k