Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  166

Thread: How I met my Mustang...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The year was 1991 and while working at my dads automotive shop he received a call from a friend asking if we had seen the Mustang parked in front of the local auto wreckers because he new I was into Mustangs and would like this one.

My uncle and I headed down in a vehicle we planned on leaving there to scrap and when we pulled up it was parked right in front.
    It was an 88 Mustang GT in turquoise (custom paint) with mismatched GT and LX rims on it. Upon further inspection the car was a theft recovery from Scarborough purchased by the auto wreckers and had no interior except the dash and an LX drivers seat. Even all lights front and rear were gone.

My uncle grabbed a milk crate to sit on and off we went back to the shop. Car was stock except for the hollow sound of punched cats and a 3.55 gear. I can remember my uncle telling me to hammer it on the way back and when I did he fell backwards into the back seat area off the crate lol.

We got back to the shop and put it on the hoist and checked it for any physical damage underneath and gave it a full inspection.
    Next thing I know my dad is turning the front rotors on the laid and when I asked him
    “What are you doing that for?”
    He said “You’re not taking it back....you’re buying it I can already tell”.
    And he was right!
    A simple phone call was made and it was a done deal...they were even nice enough to hook me up with most the parts to put it all back together.

The car has been with me for the long haul since and isn’t going anywhere....SO many memories with it over the years and SO many more still to come but now I share all of them with my son.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 10-14-2019 at 05:40 PM.