Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  166
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How I met my Mustang...

How I met my Mustang...

I'm "borrowing" this thread idea from another forum that I'm on, but it's so good that it needs to be shared. I'll start:

Here's my story.
    I've been daily driving a Mustang since 1992. My first one was a deep emerald green LX5.0 that was taken from me by dirty rotten horse thieves in the middle of the night in May of 1996. I never saw it again. As soon as the insurance company's 30 waiting period expired, I went out and purchased a lazer red 1996 GTS, affectionately known as Ol Paint. OP was with me for more than 14 years and 345000km. He drove my baby daughter home from the hospital in a January snow storm and served me faithfully for all those years. But as time went by, and the kms added up, OP was getting a little tired. It was time to look for a new horse.

I had done the usual Autotrader and internet looking but hadn't found anything that I wanted. It was at a go karting event in the spring of 2010 that I was speaking with Twister and he said he knew of an blue '06GT that was in storage becasue the current owner was having health issues. The car was an '06GT, blue with about 30000km on the clock. I called the owner, who told me the mileage was closer to 20000km and the car had been in storage for almost 3 years (this is sounding even better). He would be away for the next three weeks, but as soon as he was back, the car would be out of storage and I could come and look at it. I waited the three weeks and called him again. The first thing he said was that he made a mistake about the mileage, the car only had 6900km on the clock, BONUS!! I brought some cash for a deposit, and went to see the car. It was a Windveil blue 2006 Mustang GT, 5speed, black interior and the only mod was the addition of Flowmasters. We took it for a test drive and I gave the owner a $200.00 deposit when we got back. Two days later, with the help ZR, Ol Paint II was at his new home. My daughter and I both shed some tears when Ol Paint I left our driveway for his new home, but "Bluey", as my daughter calls him, has filled the void nicely. With some subtle changes, 18" pollished Bullitt wheels, tint, and spoiler delete, etc. we have made Ol Paint II our own. Ride on Ol Paint!!

A close family friend was selling his '01 Bullitt. I decided to sell the Saleen to get the Bullitt but things fell through and it never happened. However, I had mentally committed to getting a new ride so I started looking around. Saw the red Mach1 that was interesting but a bit out of my price range. Went to see it anyway. Heard the back story was that it was acquired from a storage locker auction and that the sellers were not in the car business or hobby and needed to flip it. I offered a really insulting lowball offer of cash and not only did they take it, but they delivered the car to my house!

Cool stories...

Well back in 2000 I needed another car cause the g/f and I only had the one. SO, I found my 84 through a buddy of mine. It had a modded engine, but the paint was primer. So over time it went through 2 more paint jobs (I did myself) First was flat black (before it was trendy) then after I went with gloss black. 3 years went by and I came across a beautiful 88 in red I just had to have, so I sold the 84 and went out and bought the 88. That car lasted 3 years.

So I had broken up with the g/f in 05 and decided it was time for a new (to me) car. I was driving by Dixie Ford and saw the Bullitt on the lot with the "quick stick" painted on the front window. Also in the lot was an 03 vert. So I drove both cars. The 03 I was really into. But when I settled what the payments would of been I went with the Bullitt..lol... I don't regret that choice. e had 8 wonderful years together.

So the next chapter begins. However MissBB won't let my get another Stang until the house renos are done OR once I'm done paying off there Avenger I can trade it in and Brand new one!! Which will be a DD, but I don't care!!

That's all I got!!

Hckynut
    Back in grade school we used to walk to my buddies place for lunch everyday, I was probably 14 at the time. His older brother had a '86 GT with T-tops. When he was around he would drive us back to school and just rip on it. I fell in love with it. I said I would own one of these one day.

Move ahead 20 years, after looking all over Ontario for a '85GT T-Top, probably looked at about 15 that I was told were "mint", and after about 2 years of searching ,I found my car 5 mins away from my house. It was in good shape and brought it home the next day.
    Spent the next 2 years tinkering to bring it up to my standards, buying up spare parts and stuff.

In 2010, saw on the other board that a 2003 sonic blue cobra vert came for sale. Always loved the cobra's, and sonic blue was my fav colour. After a bit of number crunching, made my way over to see it.
    As the garage was opening the car started to show itself, in my mind it was already sold. The subsequent test drive just firmed up my mind. Stopped at the ATM on the way back on the test drive and handed over a deposit. 2 days later it was in my driveway.

Nothing was better in my mind than opening up my garage and seeing two of my favorite cars sitting in there, side by side.

For some stupid reason, I convinced myself to put the '85 for sale because when I got the cobra, I never drove it much again. Sold the '85 in 2012, and miss it dearly. But I must admit, the cobra is just one crazy ride.

Kirk
    Well I was getting a little tired of my 03 GT's shitty and small interior and overall uncomfortable hell it had become so I was looking into the new coyotes. After searching and searching I realized they were over my budget so I started to do some research on the 2010s and what options there were for power adders. Looked into the M90, TVS, etc. so I figured that would be cool since it'd be quicker then the 5.0 but still be that awkward 1 year wonder car.

So at this point I still hadn't searched for any 2010s then lone behold the next day Voldead (who remembers him LOL) posted up that the dealership he worked at just got in a supercharged (TVS) 2010 GT. I took it as a sign and went and saw it immediately. When we were going GF asked me if I was going to buy it I said nah we're just going to look. I bought it on the spot lol even accidentally did a burnout during the test drive. Car was a steal, price way below the 2011s at the time.

HUGE improvement over my 03 in every way possible. Then considered a cobra and even put it up for sale but took it down within a day when I realized how much I actually love it. Yes it's not a coyote but it's unique in its own way. And its super fun puts a huge smile on my face everytime I drive it. Got a whole ton of parts waiting to be put on when I take it out of storage too

Always wanted a cobra . But couldn't pay 20000+ for one .
    T_RAT had posted a cobra for sale for 175000 , still didn't have the money lol so I decided to part out my 94gt car had 331 a4 block , Canfield heads , vortech , tko600 etc etc , most the stuff was sold in a week . By then he dropped the price to 14500 . I went down and made a deal with him . Thank u T-RAT , car was mint all original

I had been driving my 93 SHO, which was showing its age. My neighbour was a salesman at a local Ford dealer and brought one of the new S197s home. He threw me the keys and the rest was history.

I ordered one the next week. A sonic blue one. But as luck would have it there was no way the SHO would survive long enough (without major repairs) to see the new Mustang arrive. So Tina and I went to the dealership to see what was on hand. Tina didn't like the sonic blue, so I asked what colours she liked. She picked black, white and yellow. I don't like white, there were 6 new black cars at the office, so yellow it was.

We took it for a test drive just to be sure. During the drive people were continually taking pictures of us…errr the car. Brought it home with 6 kms on it; today there is almost 249,000.

KIDAGIN
    In 1964 I was a young father of 3 and a Mustang was not in the cards. I went to a customer site and there in the parking lot was a new Mustang one of the first in Canada. I got a ride and was hooked. Leap forward many years and it's 2006 retired now and we had 2 cars. Convinced the wife we only needed 1 car as we always went together so we sold one, A few weeks later we are sitting around looking for some thing to do and I suggested we go test drive some of the new cars with absolutely no intent on buying one. Well we finally ended up at a Ford dealer and there sitting in the lot was a new Mustang convertible so we took it for a ride. 85 degrees, top down and cruising at 140 Kms I turned to the wife and she was smiling I said we need one of these and she said we do. Headed back to the dealer to order one and as I turned off the highway I said to my wife this car makes me feel like a kidagin and now you know the story.

Ghost Rider’s recent post about how he got his GT350R reminded me of this post, so I’m bringing it back to life. Let’s hear from other TMCers.

I’ve had a bunch of them, but my first one was a white ‘84 GT hatch. I saw it sitting outside a small farm house on my way to visit my grandfather, I was about 17 at the time and was driving my moms Hyundai to work (co-op placement), anyways it was a 5.0 stick, but was a pretty big pile so I sold it pretty quick.