Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  166
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How I met my Mustang...

Good on ya for making it 100% your car.

Always wanted a fox.. looked at a ton of them in my price range. Found mine 3 hours away.. thought it was super clean. Was a noobie back then, had the shock towers repaired. It’s a good driver, far from mint but I love it.
    '88 LX

Really like the wheel n tire combo you went with Hugo, epic cool.

I graduated high school in ‘99 and started work at a 2 bay repair shop/gas station.(remember those?) There was an older gentleman that had a black ‘88 notch 5L 5 speed. Sometimes we would fix it but mostly he just came by to shoot the breeze. But he always left 2 long black burn out marks leaving the shop. I still remember his name too. Thought it was the coolest car ever. So I told myself I had to have one eventually when the insurance payment was actually realistic. Turned 25 and started half assly looking for a mustang. Quite awhile later found my current car and purchased it from the original family.( Father sold it to his son ). It’s been a drain on my bank account ever since but always puts a smile on my face
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Best part, you've kept it all stock.

Ya stock.... 100%
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

That makes how fast you are just that much more impressive.

TTT

I guess I will add to this thread. I bought my first Mustang at 18, working part time jobs since the age of 13 I saved all my money and bought a red with black interior 90 Mustang LX 5.0 with a 5-speed in 1993. Car only had about 40km on it but it had been an write-off accident repair car. Shortly after getting it, got into an accident in a winter storm and the previous bad repair showed it’s ugly head and essentially the car needed a whole front clip so it was written off.

Stayed away from Mustangs while I went to school, and only bought cars I could drive all year round (even made the mistake of buying a 2 year old 95 Probe GT....worst car I have ever owned).

Once I got fed up with the Probe always being in the shop I decided to factory order a loaded new Silver 2000 Mustang GT coupe (5-speed) with black interior...many mods later I ended up owning it for 11 years. Met a lot a good people with that car (some are gone now, others I am glad to say I still see every year). I even took my wife out for our first date and both my kids first ride in that 2000 Mustang GT.

In 2011, I decided to part ways with it and got out of the hobby to raise my kids, build (and Reno) our house.

Fast forward to 2017, I had decided to close a contracting business that I had on the side for several years and needed to sell the RAM pickup...I had my eye on a fully loaded 2017 Mustang GT premium (PP1) with only 7500km that was recently traded in the fall and had been sitting in the showroom at the Ford dealer.

The 17 looked a little dorky when it was stock being magnetic metal with silver PP1 rims, it sat high but it had all the right options and ingredients in a 1-owner accident free car. In December 2017, I was able to make a deal to trade the RAM and I brought home what has been affectionately named “Sinister”.

With the good help of ZR, a good parts budget, the car is everything I wanted in a Mustang.

This is how he looks today:
    DF4FC37D-0620-4B23-A3E5-74ED7118D4F0.jpeg
    Last edited by FABMAN; 05-15-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    FABMAN