Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rust bubbles found!

looks good!

Awesome news.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonsMustang View Post
    Hood replaced today under warranty after waiting 5months, paint matches 100% (done locally).

Before:You can see the seals were not sealed all around by Ford.

AFTER: Body shop sealed all around. Paint matches 100%. This was done at IAG Collision (2401 Dufferin Street).

Pretty happy with the results.
    looks good! So JonsMustang should the edges be sealed ?? or is this a tsb to get them sealed? I have not look at mine but the edges from factory are probably like your top photo.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Shop owner said the edges along the hood should be sealed. Factory only sealed the front. No tsb, this body shop doesn't want to cut corners like the factory.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    looks good! So JonsMustang should the edges be sealed ?? or is this a tsb to get them sealed? I have not look at mine but the edges from factory are probably like your top photo.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonsMustang View Post
    Shop owner said the edges along the hood should be sealed. Factory only sealed the front. No tsb, this body shop doesn't want to cut corners like the factory.
    thanks- so I guess I have to get it sealed out of pocket to prevent possible rusting in the future.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Not to burst your bubble, but it will happen again.

Ford replaced the hood on my 2005 Mustang GT, three years later it corroded again....now on third hood.

Replaced the hood with a Cervinis concept hood out of fibreglass....it shouldn't happen again.

Only time will tell. It's lifetime warranty from the bodyshop and they've done over 30+ mustangs alone with the same issue, non has come back yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Not to burst your bubble, but it will happen again.

Ford replaced the hood on my 2005 Mustang GT, three years later it corroded again....now on third hood.

Replaced the hood with a Cervinis concept hood out of fibreglass....it shouldn't happen again.

Performance Redefined OneQwkStang's Avatar
    Same thing happened on my 2011. Ford will not warranty it if its past the 3 yr 60k warranty unless its rusted right through as per their corrosion warranty. I've called and complained and they would not give in to me. I have looked into it, and a lot of shops will just purchase a new hood because they say once the aluminum has oxidated like that its needs all kinds of special treatment to repair the aluminum before paint. It is cheaper and faster to buy a new hood and paint it. A buddy that works at a local Ford body shop told me they have to treat the aluminum before painting it again or it just returns. A lot of shops will incorrectly repair the hood.