Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP about to burn my car to the ground over TPMS

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Assuming you've got the correct sensors, does the vehicle go into learning mode but tool will not activate the sensor? Wish they'd all go to a standardized method to train such as the GM's where you only need the keyless remote to activate training mode then lower pressure to train.

What a PITA this BS is.

Are your OE or GT500 rims in the area when you try to train them? They could be confusing the system by trying to pick up the rims that are already paired. Have seen that happen with some winter rims and tires.

Is there a sequence you have to follow? LF to RF to RR to LR?
    Ryan Matheson
    Matheson Motorsports
    Call/ Text: (416)688-7670

Amsoil T1-Certified Independent Dealer
    Amsoil Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by Amsoil Guy View Post
    Are your OE or GT500 rims in the area when you try to train them? They could be confusing the system by trying to pick up the rims that are already paired. Have seen that happen with some winter rims and tires.

Is there a sequence you have to follow? LF to RF to RR to LR?
    Ryan thanks, I have already tried training out of the garage and away from all vehicles with TPMS. Yes, I did follow the Shop Manual sequence LF, RF, RR and lastly LR.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    What a PITA this BS is.
    JT agreed! lol

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

TPMS is a pain in the ass. I have a training tool that we can try Scott to see if that is the issue. Did you try measuring the battery voltage?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    TPMS is a pain in the ass. I have a training tool that we can try Scott to see if that is the issue. Did you try measuring the battery voltage?
    Agreed a real pain! Pretty sure the car battery is good, but not sure about the battery in the TPMS Training Tool. Since I bought the Tool in Feb 2010 I was going to change the battery but it is soldered in.

No joy! Tried a Training Tool borrowed from Scrape, thanks Laurence.

Made a trip to AutoTrax as suggested by KIDAGAIN but Franco had no luck training the sensors to the car. His training tool could read the sensors, but could not get the SJB to see them. We tried one of his valve stem sensors and it trained to the car no problem. So it looks like the CJ Pony Parts sensors are not going to work for me in my 08!

I've got 2 band ones if you can find another two

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mustang Occasionally
    Noticed on the 2015 with the new wheels and sensors, the car automatically reads the pressures (tire pressure gauge in the dash shows the individual pressures). I didn't have to do anything except put the wheels on. Thought that was a much easier method than times past.

Glad to help my friend. Sorry it didn't work out for you. The car sounded so sexy when you were leaving my office. Loved it! Hope you find a solution for this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    No joy! Tried a Training Tool borrowed from Scrape, thanks Laurence.

Made a trip to AutoTrax as suggested by KIDAGAIN but Franco had no luck training the sensors to the car. His training tool could read the sensors, but could not get the SJB to see them. We tried one of his valve stem sensors and it trained to the car no problem. So it looks like the CJ Pony Parts sensors are not going to work for me in my 08!