Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 95 mustang hci swap help

95 mustang hci swap help

I've just finished doing an h/c/i on my car. Ive done the idle reset and adjusted the throttle body and it will idle steadily around 8-900 rpm. It intermittently surges to around 2000 and it stays there for a bit and then will drop back down to normal until I try to drive it. After I get it moving and let off the gas it feels like pedal gets stuck at 2000 rpm for a few seconds before it comes back down. There is also a noticeable smell of gas. I haven't had it dyno tuned yet as I want to make sure it runs correctly before I do that. Is this a tuning issue as I know these ecu's can be finicky or is there something else I should be looking for.

I can try and get a video later today if that will help.

If one of the mods could move this to the tech section please. Don't know how I made this mistake.

Moved it for you.
    ~Scott B

What is your combination?

Tw170's, tfs stage 1, gt40 intake, 255 lph fuel pump, 24# injectors, 76mm pro-m mass air and 70mm throttle body. I'm sure not having it tuned is causing most of the problems, just want to make sure I haven't over looked something before booking a dyno tune and finding out its not setup properly.

You'll find tuner 1 likes that combo but tuner 2 doesn't and wants say a lightening 90mm MAF vs a calibrated one. Consult with the tuner your looking to use as to the combination they feel will work best.

caught3x
    did a trickflow top end kit to my old 94gt... same thing... till i got it tuned. only thing different is i still had the stock pump and a 80mm maf... put 300 to the wheels.. but zr is right find out what your tuner would like you to use for a maf. i would recommend a 90mm lighting as mine was pegging off at 4000k rpm... but i blame the pump for that..
    remember those cars ecu's have a 40% learning curve and is fighting what you did to it
    did you regear the rear end? it will buck at lower rpms if you didnt...

Thanks for the input. Tuner recommended the pro-m so I went with what he said. The gears will be done in the spring which is probably when it will end up getting tuned anyway. My wife has reminded me I'm falling behind on the house projects while "playing with my car" lol.

Interesting write up by Mike Wesley on why the T4M0 does what it does when you change anything to do with air flow (i.e H/C/I)

http://oldfuelinjection.packrad.net/...0_showdown.pdf
    -Don____________