Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mass Air Conversion

Rock Auto you can get a remanufactured computer for about $250.00 cnd. they stock both 5 speed and auto units.

Look up Ford/model year/Mustang/5.0L V8/Electrical/Engine Control Module (ECM Computer)

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing the final solution to this one for both the A9L(P) and engine harness as far as where to get and how much.
    Conversion harness with instructions is easy to find, several vendors offer it.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Wiring-Harness

Ya, the harness and MAF is the easy part..it's finding the computer and getting someone to part with it at a reasonable price the hard part..A guy in Ottawa had some stuff up today on Kijiji..A9L for $125 plus some other EFI stuff at a good price..Ottawa is too far for me tho

caught3x
    you realize only a 89 harness will work for you conversion unless you repin it, then you'll need to do ALL the other rewiring (aka fuel relay wires to drivers side) 90 by itself, 91-92,93 different found this out the hard way and got a 90,92 and a 93 harness on the self. then repinned it but not the relay wires and it died when coming to a stop. did the 89 harness and all probs gone... oh and you need the o2 harness that matches the stick or auto...
    been buying up all the 89's i come across for future builds

find out if he's a member here and get him to mail it???

Easy to follow install vid here, you'll be installing the conversion harness into your existing one along with moving a few wires around on the pcm plug itself.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Wiring-Harness

Ya, watched that one 20 times already..seems straight forward but I'm gonna take it to a shop and let them do it, just for piece of mind

Quote Originally Posted by grndech View Post
    Ya, watched that one 20 times already..seems straight forward but I'm gonna take it to a shop and let them do it, just for piece of mind

just get Rick (ZR) to do it...hes an electronic techy of sorts