Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mustang sales way up...

Mustang sales way up...

By: Bloomberg Published on Tue Sep 08 2015

NEW YORK — Women are falling in love with the Ford Mustang which, according to sales results for the first half of 2015, is the best-selling sports car in the world — and the best-selling sports car among women in the United States.

Global sales of the Mustang hit 76,124 vehicles for the first half of 2015, up 56 per cent year to date, according to Polk/IHS global sales data. Total sales among women in particular are up 40 per cent over last year, giving Mustang 36 per cent of the entire female sports car market.

“Women like it because it is a practical choice,” said Erich Merkle, Ford’s U.S. sales analyst. “It looks great, and it provides good performance and fuel efficiency.”

Merkle said ladies tend to choose the (4-cylinder, more efficient) EcoBoost engine option over the V6 and V8 versions more often than men. They also tend to choose the drop-top option slightly more often than their male counterparts, he said: 15 per cent of female Mustang buyers choose the convertible versus 13 per cent for men.

Women buyers stand to help boost sales in international markets. This is the first year Mustang is available to customers in more than 100 global markets including the United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa and Japan. It’s the first time many of them will have access to a right-hand-drive model.

In the U.K., Ford has logged more than 2,000 orders for the Mustang since January and scheduled extra production to meet the greater-than-expected demand. Several European sales lists sold out in minutes, according to Ford. Australia and New Zealand have each exceeded demand as well, with 3,000 orders placed in Australia and 400 in New Zealand.

In China, which saw sales start last winter, the Mustang is already nearly the top-selling sports car there, with popular hubs in Beijing, Guangdong, and Shanghai.

Merkle chalks up the enthusiasm to unfettered love for traditional automotive muscle.

“Passion for the car is universal,” he said. “It’s an American Icon.”

I wonder how hard it would be and how much to import a RHD model. That would be awesome. Just something to give it that extra little bit of difference.
    Ryan Matheson
    Matheson Motorsports
    Call/ Text: (416)688-7670

Amsoil T1-Certified Independent Dealer
    Amsoil Home Page

Sorry, other than being different, a RHD mustang would suck sooooo bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Don____________

Ryan you want rhd car? I got a guy if your interested. He just brought over 3x r34 skylines

70XR7
    Sigh.
    Muscle or Pony car.. not Sports car. This isn't a Miata, a Vette, or a Solstice. It has a back seat, and a functional trunk.

sorry.. pet peeve.

So the new mustang is a girls car.
    Rich

KIDAGIN
    Every time I go out I see a 2015 Stang they are everywhere

^^^^^ME TOO!!^^^^^^^

2019 Roush Race Red RS3 Mustang GT
    2019 White Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Ltd
    2019 Chevy Equinox AWD

It's funny but I remember a few members on this board posting on the other board what a fail the new Mustang is/was going to be.
    Good thing they don't work for Ford

Huge presence in Burlington and my neighborhood, that said I have noticed the majority are driven by females be it v6 eco or gt

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk