Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to put the snow blowers away......don't forget to give em some love.

Roushcharged
    Thanks Ghost Rider I think I will do that, I'm sure youtube will have something to assist me with instructions on cleaning the carb.

last year...snowblower wouldn't stay running...the carb kept overflowing...took the whole thing apart and there was this little tiny assed plastic pin with a tiny assed piece of rubber on it and I mean tiny tiny...I thought it was a piece of dirt...it had a crack in it and was falling off so I picked the rest of it off...figured how important can this thing be?

...turns out very! lol

ordered and new piece put everything back together and she fired up first pull and stayed running and didn't piss gas everywhere, was shocked how such a small part plays such a big roll

anyways...point being...be carefull cleaning...sometimes shit that looks like dirt...isn't LOL

I get my tuned up about every 4 years by a local guy in his garage. Cost me $75.00 for service.
    He says drain the excess fuel and leave a tiny bit. Start it and run it dry. Something about the crap winter gas we use.
    Anyways been doing this for years and it always starts and runs like a champ all season.

i always use sea foam and make sure the tank of gas it is stored with is shell high octane
    same with the chainsaw,roto-tiller,trimmer,generator etc makes them easy to start up later

Canadianii
    Hose mine off change oil during the summer sometime,fire it up next season on 2 to 3 pull No electric start 14 years old Ariens bought new.

B-blown
    won`t be putting snowblower(s) away for awhile yet until they quit calling for snow up here .... just used them today from last nights snowfall and calling for more on Tuesday the 1st

yllrgt
    Not for a while yet , they're calling for more snow after the weekend here .

the farmer
    .......mines due for a complete overhaul...but it's worked great for free....works even better when I use fresh gas

MrTinkertrain
    I always put mine away with near empty tank. No adding crap to gas. In fall, fil it with fresh v power. Starts 2nd 3rd pull always. 20 year old craftsman 8hp

this is the "tempting fate" thread...right?