Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to put the snow blowers away......don't forget to give em some love.

Arrow Time to put the snow blowers away......don't forget to give em some love.

So with any luck the last snow storm is behind us and your looking to put the blower away until next winter. Step I, clean it up. No upside to storing with road salt n grime all over it, just gonna cause rust and corrosion. Next, add either SeaFoam or your favourite stabilizer and let it run for at least 10 minutes. While still warm, drain the dirty oil and refill with fresh. Of applicable, drain and refill the gear case. Grease all fittings and lube the controls then top up the tires with air. With the gas petcock turned off, fire it up and let it run till it stalls out. Even better if you also drain the last bit outta the float bowl as well but not a deal breaker if you don't. Allow to cool, tuck er in the corner until next fall.

How much Seafoam for a full tank? Whole bottle?
    ~Scott B

Mine wouldn't start for half of this season, so I'm going to hit mine with a bat a few times and tell it to fuck off to the shed.

A couple of ounces is lots. Must run long enough to see it fully mixed then make it's way to the carb.
    Oil changes, most overlooked aspect of lawnmower and snowblower maint.

Thank you sir.
    ~Scott B

With todays fuels and the challenges they bring, SeaFoam or similar is an absolute must or carb issues are pretty much guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    Mine wouldn't start for half of this season, so I'm going to hit mine with a bat a few times and tell it to fuck off to the shed.

Slope
    I have a toaster that needs fixing. Where do I drop it off?

Same as my stupid fucker. It wouldn't start at all, pissed me off to no end. It's all shiny clean and just takes up space in my garage.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

You guys store properly last spring / summer?
    Long gone are the days of using then dumping in the garage for the summer and expecting them to run without a carb rebuild.

Mine gets used, abused, and put away in the shed when I get around to it, not clean, stabilizer in the tank but that's it. Had it for 5 years, never changed the oil or lubed anything, check the oil once a year and give'er.
    Good advice though, no joke.