Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 0 fuel pressure??

Dutch

0 fuel pressure??

i have a mallory 110 7 psi fuel pump and a holley non return regulator. I have it regulated to 6 psi and when the car is cold the russel gauge shows 6 psi and then when i come back from a rip i pop the hood and the gauge is bottomed out at zero..when car is cold it shows 6 psi...my fuel getting too hot under the hood and pressure drops??? I dunno anyone familiar with this..its on a 302 with an eddie 650 carb.

Also i was out yesterday in ole dirty and under low rpm the engine/ car would hickup a couple times and then drive normally and would perform normally under high rpm..either spark or fuel..i pulled each wire to see if i had a dead plug or wire/cyl and each plug wire pulled made the car run rough. so i know the spark is there under idle

it also has a f303 cam and i am not used to a 302 pushrod motor with aftermarket cam, will that give the engine a little more lack of a better word movemnet on idle...?

thanks in advance

Dutch
    while it says 0 pressure it runs and drives fine..gauge??

TurboFox
    If the gauge is under the hood it might be screwing up when the car gets warm. ive had it happen to me

yep...check it cold

Dutch
    Ya when its cold the gauge reads fine.

If it reads fine cold but shows zero hot and still runs, the gauge is toast.