Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trouble Starting & Idle problem...

Trouble Starting & Idle problem...

Took my car at the beginning of the summer up to see Diogo and got it tuned, the car made good power and torque and was great to drive. This only lasted about 3 weeks and started having Idle issues so I changed the TPS as the little plastic tabs that make contact with the throttle blade on the old one were almost gone, at the time I got the new sensor the Ford parts guy at Fraser Ford here in Oshawa told me that I may need to replace the IAC as well. After changing out the TPS the car again ran good for about a week then the Idle issues came back some I ordered new IAC from Ford and made the decision to change the throttle body out for the TFS 75mm one with the adjustable TPS mount. When all the parts came in I installed them on the car along with a 3/8" intake spacer, now about this time is went the not want to start without putting the gas pedal all the way to the floor started it wasn't every time just once and awhile. I took the car to the Sick Kids show and had it on the dyno and both numbers were down so after I removed the Intake spacer. Took it to the track car ran good driver was rusty but the not wanting to start without full throttle and idle issues have gotten worse. The car will not start now unless I give it full throttle and if I don't keep the idle up for a bit then slowly bring it down she most of the time will stall and it is a nightmare to drive..... Any IDEA WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER?????

Did you set the TPS and do the base idle reset?

Yes I set the TPS voltage, I don't remember the number but within the range recommended by TFS, now how do I do a base idle reset?

Sure you have the tps installed correctly? Yes it's possible to put it on wrong.