Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roots vs centri

Mrods
    I researched this for 2 years and bounced back and forth between PD and Centri. I am very happy I went PD, as i have massive torque from 2000 rpm up. For keeping IATs down, I'm running an afco, with a 2013 GT500 HE pump. Zero regrets about my set up. Think I would have been disappointed with a centri for the type of driving I do.

I've always thought of Centrifugal's as just less efficient turbo's. Twin-Screw = Instant Power, at the expense of extra heat and reduced efficiency. If you're willing to wait for power, you might as well make it efficient and go turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    Turbo for me please
    atta boy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    Don't most people sell their cars or yank the Centri out for a PD months later? Just sayin...
    Back in the 2v haydays, yes it happened a good number of times.
    On the flip side, virtually never happens when a PD is installed from the get go.

Stock style with larger reservoir and heat exchanger.

FordFTW
    Centris FTW!

If it suits your wants n needs, for sure. ^^

86gtvert
    I have a centri only pushing 7# pounds boost and love the top end power.Not very practical for street as full boost isnt attained till high rpm but getting on highway and at track is a blast .

Club Supporter
    I'm in my 5th year with my Vortech V2 and still lovin' it. I believe boost was set to around 7-8 lbs and boost comes on around 2300 rpm which it hits very quickly with 373's out back. The car has great low end torque on its own without boost. Still puts a smile on my face.

Visited ZR's shop today for some e-fan wiring work and had a few people put down their window next to me in traffic today to listen to the car/blower whine.

I had a KB blower on my fox and the car would roast the tires in first and second all the time. It was actually anoying. Doing road course stuff it was way too much on tight corners but up in the rpm in third the car was unreal. The heat was something else too. I kept it on for a summer and then sold it and haven't looked back with how the car is now. My needs for the car where better suited without it just running N/A. I also have to agree with Don's first statement about that article. I had a 2.3 turbo mustang coupe that I ran 19 lbs of boost through a front mounted intercooler. That car was a blast. If I was building a car for max power I would go turbo after feeling what that little car could do. Turbo's have come a long way and are designed to not have as much lag like older ones.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!