Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is there a member on here that has a completely untouched 87 engine bay?

stangstevers

Is there a member on here that has a completely untouched 87 engine bay?

I remember seeing a 'vert (I think) that looks like he went back in time to pick it up. Had all the factory stickers and markings under the hood. I know I took pics but can't find them

I want to try and make my engine bay as "factory original" as I can but I can't seem to find engine bay shots online of a stock 87 5.0 for reference. I can figure out where the overspray ended and what was grey and all that I guess. But I think I'm missing stickers around the hoses and one on the rad support. Also how was the non-AC cars plugged at the firewall. I'm gutting the interior so I will just put in a new heater core and remove the AC thing in there while I'm at it (if that's doable). I think it was a piece of foam/rubber that was stuck on from the inside of the firewall.

Was the engine block NOT painted in those years or painted some kind of grey. Also don't remember the valve covers, just raw aluminum?

Anyway some pics of 100% unmolested speed density 5.0 would be greatly appreciated.

tulowd
    Summit Ford in Rexdale has an 87 GT hatch with 1000 original km or so hanging around their shop and showroom

Not sure if this will help u or not this one has mass air
    http://www.cjponyparts.com/tech-fox-body-engine/a/170/

there's a vendor from the Ottawa area that vends at the barrie swap meet ..has and carries all under the hood decals.
    reg something ?
    92 rcsb ftw